PDA

View Full Version : Question Black Styling Kit

HotChip
12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi all

I'm looking at a new S-line to replace my existing one and have been having a nosey through the current brochure. One option I see which wasn't available previously is the black styling kit. Has anyone on here gone for that option and if so would you be able to post some pics, as I can't find any decent ones online. I'm looking at a black s-line, so I'm unsure if the black styling kit is gonna be overkill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HC

troc
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I personally reckon the black with black will be overkill - I've seen a white A4 with the black styling pack and that looked rather impressive though. I think the black styling pack probably works best with brighter non-metallic colours like white or red.

:approve:

kodkod.84
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Have you taken a look at the black edition that is available for ordering- has the black optic package, titanium finish wheels and some tech upgrades such as B&O

I've seen the black optics on lava grey B7s and it looks the nuts especially with an Avant with privacy glass to the rear, also good on red too.

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a4/a4-saloon/finance-and-offers/a4-black-edition.html

Big Bird
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I actually saw an avant identical to mine today but with the black pack and black wheels- it looked stunning!!

There was a post recently (either on here or another forum) with good pics of the avant with black pack.....

Pimped-Passat
12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I've just taken delivery of a new red A4 Avant S-Line with the black pack. If I say so myself it looks good against the red, and a quite a few people have commented on the how the black works against the red.

However, I almost went for white - it was a close call.

I uploaded several pics in an album on here. Click on my 'user name' and choose to view my profile. You should then see the album on the right hand side.

If you want better quality pics (pretty low res on here) let me know and I'll email you them directly.

Cheers
RedonBlackMark

HotChip
18-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for your input guys (and the photos, Pimped). My dealer has actually suggested the black edition to me, given that a few of the extras I want are included in that pack. I'm going in to see the alloys later today, they will be the deal maker / breaker as I'm in love with the 7-arm double spokers that Pimped has and it will take something special to change my mind.

Still unsure what colour to go for. The red looks good, def not white for me, black is prob out with the styling pack, I'll have a look at lava grey on KodKod's advice.

Never knew choosing a new car could be so stressful lol.

HC

Big Bird
18-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I too fancied white with 19's, but eventually settled for misano red with the 19" double spokes. Not regreted if for one second- the car looks great and turns heads everywhere.

Go for it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/type-r-big-bird/a4copy.jpg

HotChip
19-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Now that does look the business!

Had a look at a black edition A3 at the showroom with the titanium wheels and they looked good, but Audi still cannot give a build date for the A4 black edition despite it being launched some time ago, and with my lease up at the end of May, I think I'll stick with the 19 twin blades. They certainly look good in the pic.

HC

94jdh
19-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I am waiting on my Black edition, ordered aruba blue in Nov, expected sometime in March:

PWW
20-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm waiting on my replacement vehicle which will be a Black edition in meteor grey. Thought long and hard on colour combo but they did have a black edition S3 in Meteor Grey in the showroom that helped make my mind up

HotChip
21-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I have meteor grey at the moment and it looks great when its clean and polished, but I needed a change. I liked the red but decided to go for the 2.0TDi (170) Quattro in phantom black with the 7-arm double spoke alloys, parking plus, mobile phone prep low, AMI & sound package.

End of May can't come too soon!

HC

golfgt140
21-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I am waiting on my Black edition, ordered aruba blue in Nov, expected sometime in March:

Aruba blue is a great colour. Love it. Make getting your pics up a priority! Don't do anything until you've shared the pics with us! Don't even show the wife first. :D

You too hotchip! Not enough pics on here!