PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed...or good Advice!

yep.its.jay
26-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Lowering my bora 2nyt... got the back end done in bart 30mins all in... started on the front and wat a pain!!

i have dropped the hub down off the anti roll bar (ARB) hammered the hell outa it for hours and it wont budge as the spring is just expanding too much to pull the strut out of the hub. how can i get around this??? i have compressed the spring up as much as poss but there is still tension in it. Yep incase ur thinkin i have taken out the bolt at the top of the hub. lol.

now i'm havin to use; my mums car....

http://www.trustvehicles.com/photos/redvauxhallagila_03.jpg

n i aint happy about tht. cars on mi drive atm, does anyone know how to get the off. i thought about loosening the ball joint under the hub off the trailing arm..

:confused: :( :mad:

Help!!!

Col
26-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Taking off the lower arm completely makes it way easier and gives the hub room to move down off the strut.

Also you need to drive a thick cold chisel into the split at the back of the hub where it clamps the strut to enable it to come off.

Big hammer and big cold chisel are a must.

Good luck, it is a pig of a job.

Stevef.
01-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi, You`ve probably got the job done now but i found it easier taking the hub off with the strut and spliting the two off the car.;)