extra urban

combined

Please also include model and mileage

Just gathering information on the average real time mpg

please state if you use start stop function and suggested gear change

Thanks

baylissboy
10-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Nowhere near the figures that Audi list!!!

Don't know about you, but I've had quite a few customers complaining that they don't get very good MPG figures from the 1.6CR engine?

a8 tech
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the reassurance lol

I'm getting bummed over these, just like the old Q7 tyre wear

Whilst driving around in a vain attempt to find the true mpg it has dawned on me that my job is **** and all I do is get bummed daily

Having quoted the official means how manufactures calculate mpg it appears this does not matter so I will drive to lands end drive straight off, thus resolving both the consumption issue and my daily torture

I shall come back to life as a customer and bum some one else

baylissboy
10-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I had a guy in on Friday, two issues, cutting out/stalling when cold & fuel consumption way below what Audi had quoted!! Knew I was on a loser straight away!!

Sorted the cutting out with SW up-date, the MPG figures wasn't so easy. He said the best he could average on a run was 55MPG, I managed to get 66MPG but there's no way you could drive like that in the real world, talk about driving miss Daisy!!!

Luckily he was so happy that the bloody thing had stopped stalling he wasn't to bothered about the MPG figures!!!:D

a8 tech
10-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm looking at 47 mpg at best, already has the latest ecu from the workshop action for poor starting and very latest software version, good dpf readings good fuel quantity no irregular running and engine well run in, adaption for fuel tank senders and consumption set to 100% in the dash.
Egr is spot on injectors are encoded correctly, emissions are well under mot limits

Its a cab so 55 mpg is the target figure but sales deceiver has quoted the highest mpg figure

a8 tech
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I managed 51 + today and as the figure advertised is 55 mpg then all is fine

baylissboy
11-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Mine was a cab too, the owner managed 55mpg on a run, must admit, I did "cheat" to get my 66mpg, zeroed the DIS when on the run so engine was well warmed up & had to resort to coasting on down hill sections!!!

The Audi figures are <removed>!!!

To be honest the 2.0CR engine is loads better!!!:D

Sooty TDI
20-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Wish I'd seen that info back in 2009 when I ordered my 1.6tdi cabriolet, then the only published figures showed either 62 or 68mpg for the 1.6 engine, they didn't mention the cabriolet specifically.

If I drive like a granny I can get around 65, more typically I get around 55-58.

The most surprising result I've had was driving from Birmingham to Glasgow, roof down, air-con on whilst towing a motorbike on a trailer when it managed 52mpg, I wasn't expecting to get much over 40 for that one being at motorway speeds etc..

I've found the fuel consumption improves with mileage, when I first got it I struggled to get into the 40's for the first thousand or two.

Bloater
10-05-2011, 01:12 PM
An old thread, but anyway, my figures are:

Average of 55mpg over the last 7000 miles, car now has almost 21k on it. Motorway driving for 60 miles, of which 20 are at 60mph in roadworks, and the rest are at about 85mph - on the speedo so not really.

Highest I had on the way home one night after exitting the roadworks was 69.6mpg, and I wasn't trying, just bumbling along at 50mph behind everyone else.

This engine is sooooo much more efficient than the 2.0TDI CR I had in my A4, where 45mpg was deemed a major success. Now if only the A3 had some of the toys, I'd be happy.

Oh and stop-start is on, and gear change as well. 30mph in 4th, anything above 40mph in 5th, and some acceleration in some parts before leaving London, so not all super efficient driving, from cold as well.

Hope it helps.