PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side electric window & Interior light switch :-(

fabusy
10-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi,

My drivers side one touch operation has stopped working, has anyone ver experienced this? plus my interior light master switch is faulty will I have to replace the whole unit or can I just buy the switch that is faulty.

Any help will be appreciated.

Passat 2006 55 Reg 2.0 TFSI :biglaugh:

g-black
10-01-2011, 01:34 PM
A friends mk5 golf had a similar issue with his light switch (same design as the Passat). It was a contact issue with the switch and it wasn't connecting properly. It took it apart and was able to bend the contacts back into place so the switch would work again.

Flash2
11-01-2011, 11:01 PM
If your one touch was stopped working, try fully closing the window then hold the window switch up for a few seconds. You should hear a click from within the door (the motor resetting) and then it should work again.
You usually only have to reset it if the motor or the vehicle battery has been disconnected though, but worth a try.

Regards.

Jim.

Teflon
13-01-2011, 12:47 PM
As Flash says, cycle the window fully up and down manually to reset. It may not work first time, so do it several times before you try the auto mode. The same trick works if you have auto-dipping passenger door mirror or folding door mirrors that get confused.

ToMBoY_C
13-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Which light switch is it? I.E what spec, front fogs, auto lights etc.