PDA

View Full Version : Opening Saloon Bootlid

toffer
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Only had our B8 saloon for a couple of months now so forgive me if im being dumb and completely missing something.

Shouldn't the bootlid just open when pressing the release button on the bootlid itself?

The only way i can get it to open is by holding down the boot button on the remote for a few seconds and it will open itself, or by pressing the button on the boot and then pressing the release button on the bootlid.

Cant work this one out :zx11:

vwawudi
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I think it's meant to be that way to avoid accidentally opening the bootlid! Pressing and hold for a few seconds does the trick. The release button inside the car (by your driver's door) also releases the boot.

Seen a Q5 with a boot-lid button to automatically shut the boot without needing to slam down, cool!

golfgt140
09-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm fairly sure this can be enabled on the car's settings menu somewhere.

I had the same issue, and took it to the dealer. 5 mins later I was driving away feeling like a t*sser. They mentioned enabling it- but I didn't see how it was done.

vwawudi
09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm fairly sure this can be enabled on the car's settings menu somewhere.

I had the same issue, and took it to the dealer. 5 mins later I was driving away feeling like a t*sser. They mentioned enabling it- but I didn't see how it was done.

Sorry, don't understand. Enabling single press opening?

SC03OTT
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Mine and my uncles' Jetta's require the button to be held for a few seconds (I know it's a different car, but I'd imagine it uses the same mechanism).

golfgt140
09-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorry, don't understand. Enabling single press opening?

Sorry I should have quoted the OP.

I couldn't open my boot manually (using the button under the boot) until the dealer enabled something. I could only use the key fob, or the button on the door. Wife away in my car so can't nip out and find where it is on the menu.

DrAce
10-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Only had our B8 saloon for a couple of months now so forgive me if im being dumb and completely missing something.

Shouldn't the bootlid just open when pressing the release button on the bootlid itself?

The only way i can get it to open is by holding down the boot button on the remote for a few seconds and it will open itself, or by pressing the button on the boot and then pressing the release button on the bootlid.

Cant work this one out :zx11:

In MMI go into Car Settings -> Central Locking and you should see an option for Locking Boot Lid. If this is set to on you cannot open the boot with the boot.

ScottyUK
10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Exactly .... or as the MANUAL says (hint hint :D ;))

"If you select "Boot lid/tailgate" on, you can no longer open the luggage compartment using the handle on the tailgate. In this case, you can open the tailgate using the button on the remote control key or the unlock switch on the driver's door"

toffer
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Exactly .... or as the MANUAL says (hint hint :D ;))

"If you select "Boot lid/tailgate" on, you can no longer open the luggage compartment using the handle on the tailgate. In this case, you can open the tailgate using the button on the remote control key or the unlock switch on the driver's door"

:Blush2: I did read the manual...albeit briefly. It did say to press button on bootlid to open. I didn't really read much else tho. Ooops

Thanks for the replies :D