PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Grey Colour

shabazmo
08-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I need some help. I have chosen Dakota Grey as the colour of my A7 but having seen a TT in this colour, I am having doubts. It looks like a mud brown and quite dull. Has anyone seen an A7 in Dakota grey and what is your opinion, and if you think its a bad choice which would you recommend.
Thanks

Guest 2
08-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Something like this? Link (http://vtp.audi.com/agwb/controller.do?act=offer&sid=1&selfAction=&tab=&sortBy=PRICE_SALE&sortOrder=U&page=&v=0&show=&ixList=53&notepad=&lines=&compare=&ixCheck=&PostCode=&Distance=&City=&func=Funktion+w%C3%A4hlen&lines2=10#source=controller.do?act=offer&v=2&sid=1&imgNo=3&container=layerModal&container=layerModal)

I only ever seen an A7 in Oolong Grey, the A6 looks good in Daytona Grey. Personally, I think Daytona Grey is grey with a hint of light brown. It wouldnt be my first choice if I were purchasing a grey car as I would choose either Lava Grey or Oyster Grey.

I liked the Oolong Grey though!

Enjoy it when it comes!

steve1234
09-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Check this link out - I had this car and sent it to Thailand back in December by air!! It's Dakota grey and looked stunning!!!

http://www.bmwsociety.com/board/showboard.asp?id=128903

Not a colour that I would have chosen without seeing it but having seen it in the flesh it is very very good on the car!!!

Guest 2
09-01-2011, 10:20 PM
It looks very brown in those pictures and not very grey.

Suits the shape of the car very well and liking the high-res pictures :)

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shabazmo
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks Steve, I must admit it does look good and nothing like the TT I saw recently, but its inside a bright showroom. Did you see it outside and was it just as good to look at. Interestingly the colour changes as you get to the rear of the car. I expect that the front is the representative colour.
I can't even decide on an alternative. I don't want silver or black which there are 4 including Oolong which is a very dark grey. Impala beige is like my current canvas beige. Moonlight blue is the only other possibility, but agin I have not seen it. Daytona grey could be right but its only S line. So I guess I will stick with Dakota until I see a real one outside.

steve1234
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I have more photos of the car that I took outside before it left the UK. I'll try and post them tomorrow for you.

I have had Daytona grey cars and as nice as they are they are just dark grey - dakota is a bit special / different so I'd recommend it.

shabazmo
10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks Steve, I look forward with intense anticipation

shabazmo
14-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I have just seen a dakota grey A7 and Steve, you were correct, it does look good and unique, so its Dakota grey for me.