PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about smart phones?

saunders1587
07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,
Just a quick question, I have an iPhone 3GS, and i am getting bored of it.
I've been looking at the HTC Desire HD, it looks like a brilliant phone, but i'm just worried about phones coming out the middle of the year that will then dominate the Desire. I don't want to buy something that is potentially out of date already. I know its difficult to do this as technology is all moving so fast in the mobile world as im sure now its just the signal that is just keeping a cap on it.

Thanks

Dan :beerchug:

Sam
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM
HTC Desire owner since August (I think).

If you put off purchasing in the hope that something better is just around the corner, you'll never move forward.

Read all you can read on upcoming phones and make your decisions based on release dates and not rumours.

Eshrules
07-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Desire HD owner since last Thursday and loving every minute of it.

Sam hits the nail on the head unfortunately, if you're not wanting a phone that'll get outdated, you won't get one at all.

As it stands at the minute, the smartphone 'war' (imho) is between the galaxy S and Desire HD.

yes, yes, there's the iphone 4, but where's the fun in that?

depends on budget, how long you intend to keep the phone for and the main things you're looking for from it.

saunders1587
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
HTC Desire owner since August (I think).

If you put off purchasing in the hope that something better is just around the corner, you'll never move forward.

Read all you can read on upcoming phones and make your decisions based on release dates and not rumours.

Yeah this is what im worried about, becuase everything is moving so fast. Is does look like an awesome phone, what do you think about it?
Yeah, I guess rumours are literally just rumours.

Ta
Dan

Sam
07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Best phone I've owned to date.

I usually get bored of my phone after a few months and start to covert other peoples, but that still hasn't happened and I'm still discovering new things.

Go and have a play with a few phones in a shop.

Ben
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Desire hd owner since December 16 2010. Best phone I,be owned and I,m stuck with it for 24 months. Battery let's it down but I knew that when I took it on. If in a car, charge it.

Eshrules
07-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Ben, try juicedefender/ultimatejuice - excellent pair of apps.

I've managed to screw everything down now (frequency of sync, disabling wifi when no network is detected etc etc) and I'm getting ~30>40 hours on standby, 20>25 hours with moderate use.

saunders1587
07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeahhh all very true, i will do some research on it then!
Thanks guys

RavenBlackTT
13-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Ben, try juicedefender/ultimatejuice - excellent pair of apps.

I've managed to screw everything down now (frequency of sync, disabling wifi when no network is detected etc etc) and I'm getting ~30>40 hours on standby, 20>25 hours with moderate use.

They'd be good for iPhones :(

Sam
13-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I see what you're doing, but it wont work.

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I see what you're doing, but it wont work.

So do I. I got notifications for threads that are months old and very offtopic replies.

Sam
13-04-2011, 06:10 PM
:)

Thank the (dark) Lord for giving me special powers.

Check the Market Place rules in my sig, paying particular attention to the part about spamming for access.