PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Blue Estate

MisterD
26-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Do any of you fine chaps own a farily new one of these. I ask because of a stupid niggle that I can't get out of my head.

Went to do a deal on a new 2.0 TDi SE with garage last weekend, and ended up after a few rounds of bartering being offered their showroom 2.0 TDi Sport for the same price that we had got to on SE. With the obvious bonus of being able to see the car, rather than having to wait months.

Anyway, what I am getting to (slowly :o ) is that the showroom car is an Arctic Blue Estate in Sport trim. The niggle is I am sure the handles on it were Silver rather than Arctic Blue. I didn't really think about it at the time, but everything I read says they should be body coloured, so (minor) alarm bells are ringing about what I have bought.

Question is, if any of you have an Arctic Blue Estate, what colour are your handles?

MisterD
27-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Forget this one. I was passing Dealership and had another look. It's a trick of the light, from some angles they look Silver, but are in fact body coloured - I can sleep easy now - :o

carl s
27-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I've got the sport, you've made the right choice the seats are a lot more supportive than the SE. Most passengers comment how comfy they are :)

MisterD
27-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I have always preferred the 'sport' type seats, but wife liked the soft comy ones in current SE. Perhaps she won't fall asleep straight away in new one ... when passenger that is :)

Sport has a few nice touches over SE, pleased we've gone for this in the end - auto air con is a big one, had that in all cars for 10 years or more, so suspect manual stuff would have irritated me.

carl s
27-06-2007, 04:38 PM
The Passat Sports seats are actually pretty comfortable. When you take delivery of the car they're quite firm but a couple of long trips and your weight starts to break them in!

When you get the car make sure you spend a bit of time getting used to the how the handbrake works, and also the key. There are a few idiocyncracies (spelling?) but when you figure them out it is actually an improvement over the old ways!

On the handbrake just make sure you have your belt on, and that you use some accelerator when you bring the clutch up ;)

The auto aircon works well, I found it a bit annoying that you had to adjust both the drivers and passengers dials to get the temp up or down in the whole car... until I found out that you could press the auto button for 5 secs which makes the driver & passenger adjustments the same.

Quatrelle
27-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Handbrake.....and make sure you put the clutch pedal down to the carpet!

Funny how models vary, the bottom half of the central knob on my aircon is marked 'Dual' - press for split, press again for same both sides.

MisterD
27-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the tips all. Will be taking car on holiday day after we get it (300 miles to west country - brave, foolish, not sure which), so sure my son can disect the handbook and pick out hints and tips.

iaint
28-06-2007, 08:16 AM
The auto aircon works well, I found it a bit annoying that you had to adjust both the drivers and passengers dials to get the temp up or down in the whole car... until I found out that you could press the auto button for 5 secs which makes the driver & passenger adjustments the same.

Isn't that what the button marked "dual" is far. (the button below the on/off switch)

If the dual function is switched off, then if you adjust using the drivers side dial then both sides will both adjust together, if you use the passenger side one then the dual button will light up automatically and both sides will adjust separately.

If you press the dual button then the light on it will go off and automatically adjust the passenger side temp to match the drivers side temp and you can once again just use one knob to control the temp in the whole car.

Go and experiment using both temp control knobs and the dual button and it should all become clear.

Cheers
Iain

iaint
28-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Sorry, just read Quatrelles reply. That'll teach me to answer before I've read all posts.

Cheers
Iain

carl s
28-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Yep you guessed it, my 07 model doesn't have a "dual" button under the "off" switch ;)

Wierd why they would bother changing things like that... seems like a much better idea to decide on one way and stick to it.

claranet
14-12-2007, 01:28 AM
If it is a new 2007 one you'll find there are differences with what the book says and what the MFD says. What the 'Comfort Indicator' is in fact the lane change indicator , which can be set on or off(thank goodness !). You'll have hours of fun playing with MFD !!!!!

regards
claranet

Quatrelle
14-12-2007, 12:16 PM
If it is a new 2007 one you'll find there are differences with what the book says and what the MFD says. What the 'Comfort Indicator' is in fact the lane change indicator , which can be set on or off(thank goodness !). You'll have hours of fun playing with MFD !!!!!

regards
claranetIt also depends, of course, on what 'trim level' you have.