PDA

View Full Version : Piano Black Inserts

Scooby-Doo
06-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Has anybody on the forum taken delivery of a week 45 plus car with the Piano Black inserts ? I know there are a few on order but I've just had a reply ref the trim from VW CS today.
I was told that my car will be supplied with "Aluminium " inserts not Black:mad:
I then spoke to my dealer who assured me that if I ordered Black inserts then I'd get Black inserts.
Bit of a puzzle really as to who is correct so if anybody's got a 45+ car with Black,please reply.

cc170gt
06-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Has anybody on the forum taken delivery of a week 45 plus car with the Piano Black inserts ? I know there are a few on order but I've just had a reply ref the trim from VW CS today.
I was told that my car will be supplied with "Aluminium " inserts not Black:mad:
I then spoke to my dealer who assured me that if I ordered Black inserts then I'd get Black inserts.
Bit of a puzzle really as to who is correct so if anybody's got a 45+ car with Black,please reply.
Hi Scooby , My dealer confirmed today my car fitted with all options that i ordered including piano black inserts . I noticed on VW website that piano black is no longer an option ? Maybe a problem with your car since it had to be re ordered , before or after black withdrawn?

Scooby-Doo
06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks for that cc170,I don't have much faith in what VW CS say so I'm hoping that they're wrong.It won't be the end of the world if I get Aluminium trim but...... Is your car at Merthyr or still in Grimsby ?
My dealer didn't get back to me today so I might get a definitive answer tomorrow.

cc170gt
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for that cc170,I don't have much faith in what VW CS say so I'm hoping that they're wrong.It won't be the end of the world if I get Aluminium trim but...... Is your car at Merthyr or still in Grimsby ?
My dealer didn't get back to me today so I might get a definitive answer tomorrow.
Car still at capitol vw in Merthyr. Call in & have a look .

Scooby-Doo
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Call in & have a look

Very,very tempted as its not that far away,but actually seeing the car will probably only make the wait for mine even more frustrating.

Just had a call from my dealer ...........
VW stopped offering the Piano Black inserts back in December and dealers were notified via normal channels,apparently a "one liner" in the middle of other information,which meant that any orders with Piano Black had the option deleted from the order, by VW Germany I assume, and replaced with Aluminium trim.So the result is that my dealer hadn't noticed and my car will come with Aluminium trim but I will save £50 as I don't have Piano Black , I'm so happy ?????????
Apparently it was a supply issue that forced the removal of the option.