PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Valet PRO pH Neutral Snow Foam

DW58
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Valet PRO pH Neutral Snow Foam:

I'm a relative newcomer to detailing and wish to share a problem and hopefully learn from the experience.

I first used this product with my HD Foam Lance and Kärcher K4.600 PW in mid-December before our second major snowfall. I experienced extremely poor results with it, which I put down to using a low concentration of foam mixture (only 1" of product in the 1 litre bottle).

Having read various articles about snow foaming, I repeated the foaming of my car today, but with about 2½" of product in the bottle topped up with warm water. The lance produced huge amounts of excellent thick foam which stuck to the car beautifully for around ten minutes but that's all it did! The dirt removal was absolutely ZERO, rien, nichts, nada!

Clearly snow foaming is an excellent procedure for cleaning cars, but not with the product I have bought, I am disappointed to put it mildly.

I'm planning on buying either Meg's Hyper Wash or Autobrite Magifoam, but I want to assure myself that I'm not doing anything wrong before I proceed further.

itsonlyme
26-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Does your pressure washer have a seperate detergent container if so I think you may need to fill the container with snow foam and allow the snow foam and water to mix at the end of the lance.:D

DW58
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Progress report: Now using Meguiar's Hyper Wash, much much better.

BTW I have always used a proper Snow Foam lance which fits onto the end of the PW lance assembly and has its own feed bottle which hangs below the foam nozzle.