PDA

View Full Version : 5054 VAS PC or VAG com upgrades

bk.bas99
01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
new to this and thinking of buying a diagnostic tool as I have rough running on my Passat 130 PD and am reluctant to stick it in the garage and give them carte blanche. More I read on this site the more confused I become!

I can buy a 5054 head, leads, bluetooth dongle etc and software off ebay for about £200, whcih seems to be about the same price as VCDS. Which one would be better and easier to use. If I go for the actual VW product (which I assume the 5054 is) what would happen when there was a software upgrade, would this be covered or is it a one off licence... I assume if I buy a licenced copy of VCDS then future software updates would be free? Any help welcome.

Does any member live somewhere in the M3/M27/A31 corridor that has either or both systems that I can come see in action?:1zhelp:

a8 tech
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I have both but again I use them daily, for the diyer then vcds covers lots of options but its not better than the dealer vas.
The ebay china clones for vas 5054a are unreliable and the blue tooth is very poor.
Oem vas 5054a will set you back £900 without any brand cd's, you need to run on windows sp2 with older versions of java.

Updates are available but expensive for multi brand, if its commercially viable and you can find a dealer who will supply up dates then its superior to vcds, however you need both as vas will not provide long code definitions from 2008 platforms onwards due to svm coding.

The china clones and even the uk sellers do not admit to the key gen fix which prevents the full use of the vas 5054 for 2010 platforms, as these are hacked license managers so restricted operations and in most cases you will not be able to update the base and brand without burning out the vas 5054a head, meaning you will end up buying another.

If you are going to buy vas 5054a then buy it from a dealer not the advertised ebay sellers offering updates or already installed software on lap tops.

If you are going to buy the ebay versions then don't go above version 16 as 17 and 18 are unstable with cloned heads

If you are going to buy vcds then do so from an approved seller such as genndan automotive and yes fully registered versions receive updates for life

Most importantly, the tools are only as good as the user !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk.bas99
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
the one I am looking on on ebay appears to be genuine VW, with either V18 or V15 software. Link attached, what do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260711786543&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

a8 tech
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Thats a china clone version 14 (look at the cd) running new software.Its your choice but it is a clone

ccorneliuss
28-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Hello Mister ,
I was aquire an Vas 5054 v 17 from China , And I want to now that the equipement is verry fast and stable . Indeed as regards software it is verry poor , but that equipement is compatible with the true software :naughty:
I installed the original software for VW and Audi , and works GREAT !!!!
I need the instalation CD for SKODA ...
If You have that , PLEASE share to me .
Thank You Verry Much ,
Best Regards .

bk.bas99
28-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I bought the cheapo 409 version of VCDS/VAG-com from ebay for £8 Does everything I need and is compatible upto 2005 models.

ccorneliuss
01-03-2011, 07:40 AM
I am an VAS 5054 with bluetooth , and it work verry good .
<removed request>
Thank You Verry Much .

a8 tech
01-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I am an VAS 5054 with bluetooth , and it work verry good .
I want if You are , the CD with Skoda Gama .
Thank You Verry Much .

Please stop asking for data discs
Purchase from vag

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers