PDA

View Full Version : Please Help ABS Problem

sluggs1
30-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi guys

Have had problems on my 2002 audi a3 1.9tdi quattro fault codes read "front left abs wheel sensor G47 Sporadic"with the abs comming on when stopping, replaced two front left looms from pump to sensor and countless sensors,with a bit of digging found company who will test the unit for a fair price can anybody help im trying to remove the pump obvously it still has the brake pipes fitted but have read on websites that there has been known faults in my models ecu/pcb unit so i can remove the ecu unit without removing the pump all i would loose is abs and esp but i can still use the car with care whilst the ecu is being tested anyway does anybody know what screws need to be taken off to release the ecu mine is the newer type with one large wireing connector,i have taken off the main bracket that holds the unit-there is a T25 screw on the top of the pump and another the same at the base of the same round unit,i dont want to slacken anything to do with the pump that would include having to bleed the system (still artic conditions in scotland) so my question is will these 2 screws be holding the pump to the ecu.click on small pic below and you will see the 2 T25 Torx screws any help would be great.

kenney
30-12-2010, 07:53 PM
You can not use the vehicle when you remove the control unit,as all the valves are part of the electronic unit,and i know of no way around not having to bleed the brakes after removing the control unit

sluggs1
30-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi mate thanks for that if you check this link from BBA-REMAN they seem to think we can remove and use?anyway still want to know how to get them apart if possible see link-
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Bosch_5.3_ABS_Removal

kenney
31-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Well according to the link it does look feasible,on that particular model,but you have an Audi A3,so i'am not so sure about that

sluggs1
01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that contacted a company called ecu testing
www.ecutesting.com (http://www.ecutesting.com/)

They have advised they would require the complete unit so i think you are right on this im going to have to send everything.
thanks again