PDA

View Full Version : where to find

trioptics130
29-12-2010, 01:24 PM
:o hi guys, reading through a few posts and alot of them have some car info like b4 etc for say the engine code, i've looked at the log book to see if i can find this info and all i see is a lot of numbers and letters, where do i find this info, is it in the log book or is it on a plate in the car. thanks for reading and taking the time to reply

regards daren

trioptics130
05-01-2011, 09:52 PM
ok prehaps i should ask a different question, when i'm looking through the forum i see alot of the posts say i drive a B5 for example, what do these numbers and figures mean and where do i find them cheers daren

zollaf
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
b4,b5,b6 etc is the model type. if you look in your boot, under the carpet, you will find a sticker with a lot of the relevant info, such as engine code, gearbox code etc...the best way to ind your model is to post a pic of your ride.

NickPicks
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
The vehicle type is, I think, the first 2 digits after the WAUZZZ part of the vin number (B5 / C5 / 8L etc)

The engine and gearbox codes are on the sticker in the spare wheel well and in the front of the service book. There's also a long list of 3 digit option codes which will tell you what factory options your car came with - you can decode it at http://www.igorweb.org/equidec/