PDA

View Full Version : 2.7T (2000) Front Disc Replacement

Dan Small
25-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Hello all. This is my first post. I've just bought a 2000 model 2.7T. The car is great, except the front discs are warped. I understand this is not that uncommon. Anyway, I've bought replacement discs and pads but could do with guidance or a "how to".

I had a quick look and wasn't 100% sure, so thought this might be a good place to ask. Apparently, they don't do a Haynes book :(

Many thanks for your time,

Dan

Dan Small
03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Anyone?

Peter D
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
There are options for what calipers you have either FN3, FNR G60 or HP-2 the method of retaining them is similair either Allen key or what audi call a ribbed bolf. You ID sticker in the boot may detail your calipers. Your remove these bolts/sliders and remove the disc, clean the mating surface, push the pistons in the caliper back, I crack open the bleed nipple to avoid fluid returning to the reservoir, refit new pads sgrings etc, top up the reservior with new clean fluid and do a quick bleed and secure. Check and double check then refit the wheel. If you can give me the engine and brake code on an email to Info@3DAssociates.co.uk I'll send you the appropiate pages. The torque for the ribbed bold is 190nm. Other calipers use slides refitted to 25nm and require a resetting tool to get the piston to go back. Many Many motor factors sell these. Regards Peter