PDA

View Full Version : Buying an Eos :)

DannyFR550
27-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys,

Been looking at the Eos, its a 2007 plate, I need to downsize from a 2010 Ibiza Cupra :(
What should I look out for? any major problems etc?

Thanks,
Danny.

Teflon
30-12-2010, 01:22 PM
You'll find plenty of complaints here about water leaks from the roof. There was a change of seal design in early 2007 so aim for a late registered car. Obviously, check all over inside, including the boot for signs of previous water ingress and walk away if you have any doubts. Drop the roof and inspect the seals - they should be fresh and flexible. You may see water marks where water has made it through. A service history which includes the seals being Krytoxed is a bonus.

For my money, I wouldn't buy a car that hadn't been garaged at night, especially in winter. The wife's Eos has been snug as a bug under cover during the last few weeks of snow and -12 degrees. Makes my teeth itch to see convertibles with a foot of snow on top.

Also, have a good listen for roof rattles and squeaks. There should be none, but some cars came out of the factory with missing packing shims which will now be a very expensive non-warranty job to fix.

My best tip is to get a car which has the wind deflector, complete with its own storage bag. It makes motorway driving with the top down a pleasure rather than a chore.

Aside from the roof, it is just a bit of Golf and a bit of Passat, so look for the ususal stuff.