PDA

View Full Version : partition inside van removal

dov
25-06-2007, 07:57 PM
is it ok to remove the partition on the inside of the t4 the one spliting the front and rear its well attached i was going to use a grinder it only goes half way up the front seats and is getting in the way of my plans for front swivel seats cheers

plumb bob
27-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi, yes it should be fine to remove this, as the caravelles don't have it, and they haven't collapsed yet.

It should come out without excessive force, and may be worth something s/h. They are about £200.00 new!

I would drive down to my local VW dealer and ask to speak to the bodywork tech, and just ask him how it comes out, it should just be nuts and bolts.

hope this helps,

Robert

dov
27-06-2007, 07:25 AM
no bolts seems to be spot welded all over front and rear dont think its coming out in one piece il pop into vw today and beg some info thats a wad of cash for a bit metal .lifes full of trial and error somtimes more error

baloo
28-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi, new on here, i'm normally on the T4 forum :Blush:

I've recently taken my half bulkhead out and looked into it first, i found through reading other threads on the T4 forum that the bulkhead is not structural and can be taken out with no problems. I used a spotweld drill from Screwfix and a grinder to smooth it all off after, took about 3hrs in total to remove it.

hope this helps.

Baloo.

dov
28-06-2007, 09:20 PM
thanks its always better when someone else trys first lol but whare would we be without pioneers

scoobystu
29-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Dov

I might be interested in taking the bulkhead off your hands if you get it out in one piece.

dov
01-07-2007, 08:20 PM
going to take out at the end of the month one way or another got the spot weld drill .ready for destruction if i can get it out complete your more than welcome to it its got a few holes in it due to self tapping screws other than that it ok

scoobystu
02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
If you get it out in one piece I could collect it as I see we are both in Scotland. I am on the west coast however.

Do you reckon I will get it in the back of my van?!?

dov
08-07-2007, 08:41 PM
dont see why not .how far on the west coast are you i do a bit fishing now and then over that way.

scoobystu
12-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm in Ayr - right by the sea. If you were in the neighbourhood it would be handy. Or I could meet you somewhere.

Have you tried taking it out yet?

dov
14-07-2007, 01:05 PM
got time off work at the end of the month so im chapping to get it out then is there any good lochs near you for fishing got a few days end of august planning a wee trip could kill 2 birds with 1 stone .:beerchug:

scoobystu
14-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm not too familiar with the local fishing spots. I know that there are quite a few lochs in the area tho. Loch Doon is probably the biggest well known one close to Ayr, probably about a 25 minute drive. There is Loch Ken as well but it is much further away. You can fish at both of them.

There is a wee loch not far from where I stay that I regularly see people fishing at. I will post links below.

There is a fishing place on the road from Strathven at Drumclog. Although I think it is one that is stocked and you pay to fish there.

Hopefully this will show the map of the loch closest to Ayr. http://www.multimap.com/maps/?title=Loch%20Doon&hloc=GB|KA67QE#t=l&map=55.40185,-4.53513|12|4&loc=GB:55.25267:-4.37637:16|KA67QE|KA6%207QE

If you look about a mile North of Hollybush then this is the closest loch to Ayr that I know of.

If you move the map south east about 5 - 10 miles you should see Loch doon.

Here is another link with a map. http://www.mcintyre.demon.co.uk/local/locall.htm

This is Loch Ken which is near Newton Stewart. Nice part of the country. http://www.lochken.com/serv03.htm

I think Loch Ken and Loch Doon would be better bets if you were going to be there for a few days. I have a friend that does a lot of fishing I will ask him where he would suggest and let you know.

Cheers
Stu

dov
16-07-2007, 10:16 PM
job done removed the panel today what a pain. as the man said it took me best part of 3 hours as for damage a few hammer dents. other than that 1 bit behind drivers side at the bottom corner it had about a 6 inch run of weld on it. hammer and chisel sorted that .i would say its reusable i could send you a photo or 2 to let u see it . i dont know if i can send them on here or i could email you them.