PDA

View Full Version : A7 on order

shabazmo
23-12-2010, 06:48 PM
The deed is done. I have now placed an order with Basingstoke Audi for
Audi A7 3.0TDi 2 wheel drive 204bhp
Technology pack = MMI navigation high, MMI touch, head up display and mobile phone prep, online services.
Comfort Pack = Advance parking system with rear view camera, advanced key, comfort seats
3 spoke sports leather heated steering wheel
Folding door mirrors

I wil post some pictures when it arrives in April

Does anyone want to buy my A6?

tlionhart
28-12-2010, 01:17 PM
lucky man!! :D
Did they offer you any money off the list price? Like 8% or something? I've found colbornes group in general to be really competitive especially if another dealer in the area is offering more than them off the price list. However they don't like to give discounts unless you ask for it and prove that another group like Sytner is offering more than them off the list price.

shabazmo
28-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Yep. they did. I did not intend to buy that day but after having a test drive and as my wife was encouraging me to treat myself before I get too old to enjoy a nice car, we came to an agreement which I thougjht was great given that the car's official launch is in January. I did not quote any other deals nor did I have any info other than some internet info which I did not mention, so it went smoothly and professionally. I have no part exchange either, so my one owner immaculate Audi will be for sale.

Guest 2
28-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Jealous! I loved the Oolong Brown metallic when I saw a demo a while back.

I really want one .. But the boss won't allow me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Issac Hunt
28-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Frighten us, How much was it?!........

macc70
28-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Guess £43500

tlionhart
28-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Sline is a scary £53k!!

a8 tech
28-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Great car, already found the access to the green menu if you need it.Activated ripping copying etc
Have you speced mmi 3g+ with google ?
Full 7 digit post code for nav and ad2p streaming for bluetooth music.
I loaded my nokia music and the sound quality was superb.
Be sure to get the full handover as there's so much to cover.
Pretty much the same as the D4 A8, Audi have moved forward with this platform and its outstanding in my opinion.
I spent a full day just familiarising myself and accessing hidden menu's etc.

tlionhart
28-12-2010, 10:03 PM
sounds like an excellent toy to me :D

shabazmo
28-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I am particularly interested in A8's comments as I have limited knowledge of the car. The spec orderred is as follows.
Audi A7 3.0TDi SE, 2 wheel drive 204bhp
Technology pack = MMI navigation- high, MMI touch, head up display and mobile phone prep high with online services.
Comfort Pack = Advance parking system with rear view camera, advanced key, comfort seats
3 spoke sports leather heated steering wheel
Folding door mirrors
Dakota Grey metalic paint
Garage door opener
Storage pack
Yes it cost more money than I would have wanted to spend but at my age 51, this will be my last big spend item and I need time to enjoy it.
To be honest I am not sure what I will get exactly, as i am not sure what I have orderred will do. So A8 Tech, any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly if you feel that I have missed out something, as i can only work from the brochure and the audi website. As it is a new car there was limited knowledge at the dealership. I still have time to make changes if needed.
Now as far as the colour is concerned, I have only seen a Dakota grey on a TT, so if anyone knows where a Dkaoya grey A7 is then please let me know as I am desperate to see one in the flesh.
Any more advice apreciated.

a8 tech
28-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Sounds like its pretty loaded, you have the google online with user profile, this allows you to create your own web storage and you have the google earth.
Heads up is cool.
I will give you some info in the new year as I'm going to the technical launch.
The comfort seats are superb and they alone can take a few hours up just playing with all the different settings.
Cool car

baylissboy
30-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Great car, already found the access to the green menu if you need it.Activated ripping copying etc
Have you speced mmi 3g+ with google ?
Full 7 digit post code for nav and ad2p streaming for bluetooth music.
I loaded my nokia music and the sound quality was superb.
Be sure to get the full handover as there's so much to cover.
Pretty much the same as the D4 A8, Audi have moved forward with this platform and its outstanding in my opinion.
I spent a full day just familiarising myself and accessing hidden menu's etc."I spent a full day just familiarising myself and accessing hidden menu's etc", what sort of dealer do you work for, I don't get time to breath, I'm fixing Audi's **** up's allday!!!!:D

baylissboy
30-12-2010, 11:27 AM
We had 2 cars dropped off yesterday, looks like they're beginning to arrive.

a8 tech
30-12-2010, 12:29 PM
"I spent a full day just familiarising myself and accessing hidden menu's etc", what sort of dealer do you work for, I don't get time to breath, I'm fixing Audi's **** up's allday!!!!:D

delegation lol

baylissboy
06-01-2011, 12:29 AM
PDI'd my first one yesterday, it's our demo car, so it's fully loaded.

Didn't "spend a day" playing with it, but did spent some time having a good play, lovely piece of kit!!

a8 tech
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
You can spend a day playing with the dogging camera lol

baylissboy
06-01-2011, 08:55 PM
You can spend a day playing with the dogging camera lolYou're not wrong!!!

It was demoed on the A8 launch, but you don't get the same affect until you try it in the real world, it's bloody amazing!!!:D

a8 tech
06-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I think I need to borrow the demo as there are loads of shagging lanes near me (allegedly)

Well we have to know how to use it lol

baylissboy
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
I think I need to borrow the demo as there are loads of shagging lanes near me (allegedly)

Well we have to know how to use it lol:biglaugh: