PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering Touran

jscollins
25-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi there,

I have an MY05 Touran DSG 2.0 Sport (auto). I have 48k miles on the clock. Apart from the usual niggles and a replacement of the cylinder heads things have been ok.
I have noticed now that the car is very stuttery when the car is at a static speed (circa 30) but also higher speeds. After a while this stops but makes the ride like that experienced with a learner driver. This can be emulated with a steady foot on the accelerator or with cruise control.
VW plugged into computer and guess what 'Computer says NO' problems.
Car has stalled 4 times, didn't think this was right for an Automatic. Even when the engine is warm starting off on a new drive demonstrates the same stuttering symptoms.

Please help me if you can thanks for your time and help!

boomboomer
25-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I had a similar issue but with my '06 1.9TDI. From new the car stuttered badly at about 2k revs but only at part throttle.

VW had it several times without finding any fault, they even replaced the tandem fuel pump but that only cured a flat spot I didn't know it had.

A year later it went in for a replacement door lock and I asked if they'd take another look at the stutter. It came back fixed, there had been a software update available so they'd applied it - it changed a few things one of which was the stutter.

I'm not sure this helps but don't take 'no fault' for an answer, there are lots of tests they can do apart from just plugging in the VAGCOM then shrugging their shoulders.

jscollins
27-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for your response, unfortunately during the last VW visit they checked that it had the latest software, so back to the drawing board.

Any thoughts or experiences welcome (VW Touran specific of course)!

Thanks

Fourbears
28-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Boomboomer, when in 06 did you get your Ran? I've got a Sept 06 one that stutters occasionally especially at 30mph. I thought it was just the way we were driving but it might not be. Another visit to the ******* seems on the cards.

boomboomer
29-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Mine was built in April 06, as I ordered factory options - the rear speakers you missed from VW's cunning extra's list and tinted glass.

The software update is quite recent so your's might have had the same build as mine- it's worth a try.

Fourbears
29-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for that, off to the *******! Oh and I wanted rear speakers but due to circumstances i.e. my Sharan had just self combusted, I had to take what was in UK stock. I still can't believe that the S still only comes with 4 front speakers. Come on VW, sort it out!

MasterMickVW
30-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Firstly did this fault exist before head replacement?If not then i would suggest getting dealer to check the repairs they have carried out i.e vacuum hoses etc.Also might be worth checking earth connections on bulkhead near to ecu and behind LH headlamp as they can be poor excessive paint or corrosion.