PDA

View Full Version : Engine seems to misfire or judder

swankey
19-12-2010, 08:54 PM
HI
I HAVE A 55 PLATE VW PASSAT 2.0TDI , WHEN DRIVING AND GET TO AROUND 3000-4000RPM THE CAR SEEMS TO STUTTER OR MISS FIRE IN MOST GEARS ANY IDEAS ???:1zhelp:

towcestervag
21-12-2010, 12:58 AM
firstly get diag test done!
check the injectors quantities as they can cause miss if there is big difference
also ive had good results with redex diesel additive for rough running/bad starting and missfires
i think the injector nozzles carbon/soot up and cause various running issues

Eshrules
21-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I'd firstly get the car to a garage and make sure that it's a misfire - as oppose to a stutter, which could be indicative of a MAF failure.

Seems odd that it's related to the good old 3/4k rev limit.

Also - lose the caps please, nobody likes to be shouted at ;)

blairf
29-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Swankey,

Bring the car to me in Warrington and I will plug in my VCDS and see if we can get to the route of the problem. PM me for contact details

regards:o

mark 123
11-06-2011, 11:26 PM
hi i have the same problem mine is a 55 plate passat sport 2.0tdi.it first started so i took to a garage and said need new injector so did this and seemed to be better but still judders when in load from 1-3000 rpm.i have changed the fuel and even put fuel cleaner in.The car has no codes and even taken to main vw stafford and they say they dont know?the next step for the is drain the tank but dont see what that would do seen as this as been happening for over 6000 miles.im now stuck and by the forus could be injector problems or loom or ecu can someone please help its driving me crazy?

Crasher
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
A loom will give a code normally, what make of injector was fitted and was it number 3?

blairf
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
hi i have the same problem mine is a 55 plate passat sport 2.0tdi.it first started so i took to a garage and said need new injector so did this and seemed to be better but still judders when in load from 1-3000 rpm.i have changed the fuel and even put fuel cleaner in.The car has no codes and even taken to main vw stafford and they say they dont know?the next step for the is drain the tank but dont see what that would do seen as this as been happening for over 6000 miles.im now stuck and by the forus could be injector problems or loom or ecu can someone please help its driving me crazy?

Mark,
Have the following been checked?
1. Fuel Filter - when was it last replaced or even checked. Main dealers have a habit of forgetting about these
2. EGR Valve - can get clogged and cuase many wierd issues.
3. I suppose they did an injector test to diagnose what one was faulty???????
4. Fuel pump and or connections may be an issue?

Can you drive through the miss? does it go away after 3000rpm?
may be your flywheel is on its way out?
call me tomox 07970-084559 - Blair

mark 123
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi
New filter fitted same time as fuel cleaner in.Injector no 1 was failed and renewed only because it give codes on the coputer it now has no codes but still heavy judder.I have also replaced the thermostat control the computer said that was broke aswell.i have had a new clutch and flywheel .vw have said they dont know what is wrong with it that sees to me they are in it for the money only.they say its a ilimination problem that in my eyes it could right the car off.i cant remember which injector it was but can find out tomorrow.the best time to feel the vibration is in 6th gear going up hill doing about 1500rpm and the turbo starts coming in the vibration is very heavy and sahkes the whole car untill you reach 3000rpm then you are out of it and power is back?can you help