PDA

View Full Version : octavia deadlocked -would this work

kadul
19-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi
I got a 2005 old model skoda Octavia classic tdi and she deadlocked herself.
I mislaid the key but luckily the passenger window was slightly open and eventually got into the car..
anyway cant get the doors open…
I cant get the inside panels of the doors as the doors are closed but may be think I can get the inside panel of the inside boot lid ..
Anyone know if I could get at the boot lock mechanism of the car and managed to get it to release would it release and open the doors as well ..

thanks

Issac Hunt
19-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Not if they're deadlocked it wont. Thats the idea of deadlocks!

You'd be better off getting a new key, Skoda can order you one that'll be pre-cut to match your locks.

kadul
19-12-2010, 06:11 PM
i tried main dealer but they told me they needed the chassis no.( thats ok i have it) but also wanted the key no. so they could order the key..which i do not have
i have now managed to get the plastic cover off the boot lid and now see the lock mechanism but as you say its a waste of time trying now to open it as its just wont release, right???

just local locksmith said this could work with the boot lock?

Issac Hunt
19-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I've never tried it to be honest. Just seems odd if you could bypass the deadlocking by forcing the boot open, sort of defeats the object of deadlocks if you can easily bypass them!

Worth a try I suppose but I'd be very shocked if it opened the doors.

Skoda should be able to order key from just your chassis no. Try another dealer or Skoda customer services.

kadul
19-12-2010, 11:11 PM
ok thanks

if i could retrieve the key code i could get it done at locksmiths for 20quid...

what device would retrieve the code for me, would the supervag k + can work does anyone know?

thanks

a8 tech
19-12-2010, 11:18 PM
If you can power up the k wire and airbag then final control the airbag address 15 with vcds and this will pop open the dead locks or trip a door lock motor

kadul
19-12-2010, 11:46 PM
hi a8 tech, i do not understand can you explain in detail PLEASE

NickPicks
22-12-2010, 12:00 PM
hi a8 tech, i do not understand can you explain in detail PLEASE

When the airbags are set off, the doors automatically unlock and the hazard lights switch on. If you use VCDS, you can simulate this (without setting off the airbags) to check that all the other systems are working properly.

But to do this, you need power to the K line, which normally means you need the ignition on, but you don't have a key, so you'd need to hotwire the K line and airbag.

If you're not competent and confident with doing this, don't.

Seriously, either get Skoda to order you a new key - they should be able to do it from the chassis number, or get an automotive locksmith to sort it all out for you.

Whatever you do, you're going to need a new key, or find the old one.

The only other thing I've heard of opening deadlocks is to rip off the door card, and smash the lock mechanism to bits with a cold chisel. Then you're going to need new door cards, new lock mechanisms, AND a new key.

Seriously, spend £150 on a new key.

zollaf
23-12-2010, 11:45 PM
i'm confused. you dont have a key for the car, fair enough. there is no point even trying to defeat the almost undefeatable deadlocks, as you will need a new key, with immobiliser chip in it to actually get the car to start. a £20 key cut by a locksmith may open the doors and turn the ignition, but wont defeat the almost undefeatable immobiliser.
really, you have no choice but to either find your key, or pay for a new one, and have it programmed to your immobiliser.

kadul
28-12-2010, 10:26 PM
thanks for that...

i think you can buy the key chips on ebay for under a tenner and i just been told of a guy who has SBB UNIVERSAL AUTO DECODER
who should be able to code the key in, charges about 20 quid