PDA

View Full Version : Fabia vRS - Buying New

elvismiggell
17-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Howdy folks,

Looking at chopping the Golf in for a Fabia vRS on the basis of it being cheaper than a Polo, and I don't need something as big as a Golf.

Any advice/hints/tips specific to the vRS I should know about?

macmillions
19-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Get it in green!

Seriously though, I test drove an Ibiza Cupra, and was blown away by the performance ALL the way through the revs. From standstill to 70mph it just pulls like a train.

I think it would give my vRS a serious run for its money.

I can't really offer any more advice, as I've only sat in the one in the showroom. But it was very very nice. Very well put together and has the added bonus of 5 doors (or even estate) compared to the Ibiza.

You say you don't need something as big as the Golf, but I think you may be surprised at how big it is. It's certainly bigger than our mk2 Golf.

I'm sure you'll love it if you got one.

elvismiggell
19-12-2010, 03:38 PM
TBH that was one of the attractions, perhaps I should substitute the word 'big' for 'expensive'. It's not much smaller than a Mk 5 Golf is it?

As we're on a budget we may have to settle for Candy White when it comes to colour, but if not I'm quite taken by the shade of Blue they offer.

A friend has a Roc in Viper Green which looks awesome, but I don't think we could both do it!

Definitely have to go for the Amundsen Satnav system. Am trying to find out whether they will be upgrading it as I undertand VW are changing from the RNS310 to RNS315.

macmillions
19-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I love the Rocco in Viper Green too.

Not sure if I've seen the shade of blue you are talking about. Not Metallic Race Blue is it?

I think if our Golf dies we would seriously consider a Fabia vRS (if money was no object!) It seems to be the ideal size for us.

I forgot to mention, on the test drive of the Ibiza, the trip computer was telling us we were returning 42mpg. Really good considering I was hammering it for quite a lot of the drive lol!

The only thing that actually concerns me about the car is the longevity of the engine. 180bhp from a 1.4? But I have not seen any major engine faults rearing their ugly heads yet...

Issac Hunt
19-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm a Skoda convert now, great value cars.

Just be prepared for a long wait if you order a new build.

elvismiggell
19-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Just be prepared for a long wait if you order a new build.

Seems to be the same with the whole of the VAG group unfortunately.

I understand a lot of manufacturers seriously underestimated how many cars they would sell in 2010.

Issac Hunt
19-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I understand a lot of manufacturers seriously underestimated how many cars they would sell in 2010.

Possibly, but the cynic in me thinks that due to poor exchange rates UK production slots have been reduced to allow increase in production for more profitable markets!

elvismiggell
19-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Not sure if I've seen the shade of blue you are talking about. Not Metallic Race Blue is it?

Yup, this is the one.

My spec list is fairly generous. Trying to work out what I can manage without.

My argument is that for at least two days a week I have to commute from junction 9 - 14 on the M25, which is normally at least three hours in the car. This means it has to be a pleasant place to sit with plenty of gadgets bell and whistles. Another good reason in my view for the Fabia as it comes with a generous amount of kit, and due to it's good value for money I can afford to spec some extras!

Fourbears
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
If you can't wait for one I've got a Rallye Green one for sale! It was new in January this year and done 4500 miles. Complete with cruise, Amundsen sat nav, dark chrome alloys, floor mats, mudflaps.PM for details!