PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate operating

WATTIE
17-12-2010, 06:32 PM
How do I manage to operate the tailgate without having to press the key every time i want to open .Is there an override that i can use by manually opening.its got me beat.

Mike Foster
17-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Do you mean when getting out of the car and wanting to open the boot ?

WATTIE
17-12-2010, 10:08 PM
sorry to confuse,the question being simple how to open without using the key.Just to open with hand.

Mike Foster
17-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Just by the door handle on the drivers side there is a vertical rocker switch. As you get out, push the top half of the switch and it will unlock all doors and tailgate. When you are in the car and the car is stationary pushing the bottom half of the switch will lock everything.

I presume you have read the owners manual ? I can't remember which page it's on but it does give you all the details.

From the outside, two button pushes on the key fob will open all doors and tailgate.

This arrangement can be changed with VCDS to open everything with one push. It also releases all the other doors and tailgate when the drivers door is opened.

Everything automatically locks when the vehicle speed exceeds about 6 mph.

WATTIE
17-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Bought the car last week,and just found out there is no handbook at all.Cannot suss a few things,any idea about the connection type thing in the consul?looks like a connection for something,phone?

Mike Foster
17-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry mate - not enough detail !

Can you post a pic of what you are referring to ? What do you mean when you say consul ?

Could I suggest a trip to your nearest Audi dealer (or VAG approved garage) who will be able to help you out.

You can also buy an Owners Manual on ebay (or from an Audi dealer ) which I think for £30 or less is a must in your situation.

You don't say anything about your car - mileage, year, engine, 3 door, sportback etc. so you really need to learn and understand a bit more before you ask many more questions. People on here are very happy to help with genuine problems but it is hoped that owners try an help themselves first and then come and ask about things they can't answer themselves.

Sorry, not trying to lecture, but it seems like you have bought a car without knowing anything about any of it.

Please get hold of a manual and have a good read.

Cheers

WATTIE
17-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorrry for troubling you .Its just not easy without a manual.It also not easy when your nearest dealer is 150 miles away pal.I live in the romote part of scotland and made a large mistake in not checking glovebox.We have been snowed in since a week.And if its any help I have been in the motor trade for over 30 years,but granted this is my first Audi.Thank you for your information.I will try not to post any more stupid questions and just stay indoors and wait for the snow to clear then travel to Inverness to contact my dealer,

Mike Foster
17-12-2010, 11:38 PM
It isn't any trouble - it's just you need to get hold of some info first.

Perhaps if you had a look at this link , which I've just found in the last 60 seconds, you may find something useful.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=Audi+A3+owners+manual&_sacat=See-All-Categories

All the best :beerchug:

WATTIE
17-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks,dealer is forwarding on the manuals .The problem I think is the drivers door card being honest.As the electric windows are playing up also,its all linked to the same door.Its a a3 s-line 08 5dr.I have traced that there was a new window replaced on this door,but had panel of and connections are fine.Will fault find once snow is gone.Cheers.