PDA

View Full Version : Attention Dealer and VW taking the ****

sixgixx
15-12-2010, 11:02 PM
ordered car in july 2010, black 140 sport, dsg, leather, sunroof, nav, parking blah blah blah well spec'd

no build date

16 weeks later entitled to hire car courtesy of vw

last week i decide to add xenons to the order, with possibility of facelift coming out, want to spec mine up

dealer listens but doesnt do anything about xenons

order confirmed yesterday and scheduled to be built without xenons date unconfirmed

i want xenons, dealer says too late. i can cancel and reorder, but i will lose my 10% deposit and my build slot

complained to dealer, they cant do anything apparently

complained to vw and they say its too late, i explained i want to add to the order, they say i cant change it.

and they wont give me my hire car reason still unknown

i have been treated really badly and unfairly, especially in regards to adding the xenons, that pees me off the most above everything. i dont know what to do, if i cancel i lose out, if i go ahead i am getting a car which isnt how i want it for somewhere in the region of £30k

phil miller
15-12-2010, 11:09 PM
hi mate if they hadnt started to build your car i dont understand why they cant add zenons to the list, makes no sense, like you have said you lose out regardless of what you do

sixgixx
16-12-2010, 12:02 AM
exactly!!!! it is as simple as that, but they are seriously screwing me over! i can understand if car is actually being built as we speak, but it wont be for atleast another month or two at best!

really stressing me out, i dont have this kind of cash to throw away

bigstuff
01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
exactly!!!! it is as simple as that, but they are seriously screwing me over! i can understand if car is actually being built as we speak, but it wont be for atleast another month or two at best!

really stressing me out, i dont have this kind of cash to throw away
Worth a call direct to VW Uk customer services i'd say.

Else i'd be popping into see dealer principle face to face.

vwcabriolet1971
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I was under the impression you could change order up to the time of the confirmation of the build date schedule . Thus prior to the build date being known you should be able to change the order. Please note that by changing the order the delivery date may be extended. The build date confirmation is normally about 6 weeks before the build date but this could vary. This 6 week time interval allows VW to check parts availabilty and to schedule the order configuration into their build planning system.If there is a big demand for say a particular engine with a constrained supply then the 6 weeks could be much longer.