PDA

View Full Version : DMF Problems

e6m6a6
15-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi all

Im looking to buy a new motor, i recently got rid of my Golf 150pd for a range of reasons but one main one being that the DMF had gone and at the time i couldt afford a new one, iv bought a little car for now and now it has come to time iv started looking again

The one car thats really taken my fancy is the Skoda Fabia Vrs 1.9TDi 130 PD

Im guessing this has the same engine as my Golf and just woundering does it come with all the common problems of my Golf, mainly the DMF, with it having 20bhp less is it cheaper to fix if it does go wrong or what?

Please help, its got everything going for it, and the insurance is actualy cheaper then my cheap run about :confused:

phil miller
15-12-2010, 07:27 PM
as far as i know it is the same engine and there for same problems, iirc a DMF is about £250 i wouldnt avoid a good car just because of the DMF problem, when i got my golf i thought there were early signs of DMF faults but 20,000 miles later its still as was the day i got it

e6m6a6
15-12-2010, 11:35 PM
i know the dmf can last the distance, mine was heavy knocking pretty much since the day i bought and 25,000 miles later still the same but i think i was lucky, i seens some proper horror stories!

but my golf was just riddeled with problems, i dont want a repeat of that really! im hoping with it being a couple years younger some of these faults would of be sorted