PDA

View Full Version : Rear Demist + Radio Reception

jonathanfenton
14-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Hello all,
Got a slight fault with the old radio reception. Started when the wiper motor sprung a leak and started spewing water all over the inside of the boot lid dried out everything and put a new genuine motor on. All worked great. Then realized then when i switch on the rear demister on the radio reception disapears. Then when you switch it off it comes back. So my only thoughts are it could be a bad earth somewhere or some sort of filter that attaches the screen to filter out interference from the radio? Found a small Blaupunkt box that attaches the the window and I have found the radio amplifier both of which look to be ok no obvious water damage.

Thoughts Anyone?:beerchug:

Mike Foster
14-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Please check on previous threads before posting another thread on the same subject..

I answered this question an hour ago in the thread a couple down from yours.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=111053

jonathanfenton
15-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Please check on previous threads before posting another thread on the same subject..

I answered this question an hour ago in the thread a couple down from yours.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=111053

I have already read your reply and don't accept that i need a new screen i am sorry. Hence the ask for any other suggestions. I don't have permanent loss like the other user in the post your quoted only lost when demist is on and i don't agree with "jacking" threads hence my own thread with my own questions. Thanks for your reply though.

Mike Foster
15-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Jonathan, you have every right not to accept what I say.

However, coincidentally I have had exactly the same problem as you, i.e. whenever I switched on the rear screen the radio reception becomes noisy in the background and sometimes faded to nothing. That needed a new screen. That is why I recognised your situation immediately and gave you the benefit of my experience.

As far as thread hijacking is concerned, as your problem is to do with poor radio reception as the previous post it would not have hijacked the thread in my opinion.

This forum gets clogged up with people asking the same questions over and over again and I daresay that further back in the forum this question has been answered previously.

There is no problem asking your own question but it would be very nice if people would report back as to what cured their problem so that others do not even have to ask the question. Unfortunately this rarely happens, but in your case I hope you will let us all know the outcome.

And good luck - I hope it's something simple. :beerchug:

jonathanfenton
15-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes I agree too few people come back to report on there problems. I have asked a few questions on here before and sometimes had a flurry of answers and sometimes none at all but I always like to come back and report my findings and also try to help others. I did a search on the entire forum not just A3 to try and solve my problem i have even been on mercedes websites to try to shed some light on the issue but never found a satisfactory answers. My friends say "Stick your ipod on whilst your dimisting" lol very helpful!

Mike Foster
17-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes I agree too few people come back to report on there problems. I have asked a few questions on here before and sometimes had a flurry of answers and sometimes none at all but I always like to come back and report my findings and also try to help others. I did a search on the entire forum not just A3 to try and solve my problem i have even been on mercedes websites to try to shed some light on the issue but never found a satisfactory answers. My friends say "Stick your ipod on whilst your dimisting" lol very helpful!

So Jonathan - any news on a fix yet ?

jonathanfenton
17-01-2011, 11:57 PM
So Jonathan - any news on a fix yet ?

Lol nope hence no response yet. Bought some electrical paint and repaired some of the lines. Didnt work. Think the paint had gone off. Going to get some more when i get the motivation to try and repair it. I think the adverts for the stuff give it away. "Fresh Stock" meaning it must go off because mine was gloopy... tried some thinners but think i ended up painting silver paint on the rear window and left the silver content in the bottle!... Doh! I put a lot of effort in... put it in my workshop masked off all the lines had a work shop heater on it to dry it put a few more coats on... put all the window back togeather and tadaaa two hours wasted... never mind ey:beerchug:

Mike Foster
18-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Good effort though - keep at it :)

jonathanfenton
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Got the screen replaced today all sorted :-) thanks for assistance

Mike Foster
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Got the screen replaced today all sorted :-) thanks for assistance

Nice one ! Thanks for the feedback Jonathon, glad you got it fixed.

Perhaps you will believe me next time !!!!!! lol :beerchug:

jonathanfenton
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Stranger things have happened ;-)