PDA

View Full Version : Park Assist

BarCar
14-12-2010, 08:20 PM
The manual for my 2011 spec CC GT shows Park Assist supporting both parallel and perpendicular parking but the car itself seems to only do parallel.

Does anybody know if this is a planned future software update or did I fail to specify something correctly?

cc170gt
14-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I think you need rear view camera for perpindicular parking .

BarCar
15-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I think you need rear view camera for perpindicular parking .

That's not how I'm reading the manual... the Park Assist section talks about both parallel and perpendicular parking without reference to the camera. The next section on Rear Assist describes the same with the camera.

Any others with experience?

Scooby-Doo
15-12-2010, 12:46 PM
There's a VW promo video on the web,can't remember exactly where it was ,but the driver is standing ouside the car with the keys and on pressing the button the car reverses itself into a parking slot with no driver,there was a solid wall behind it,and it will drive itself out at the press of a button on the drivers retuen.

Drifty
15-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I did find this on YouTube...it's not a CC, but it does show a Golf with Park Assist parallel parking and no camera on the screen... so the function at least on some VW cars...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBL47TF6WY&feature=related

BarCar
15-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Sorry - error between steering wheel and seat!

It works as expected - both parallel and perpendicular parking. The latter will take a bit of practice to use correctly...

Drifty
15-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry - error between steering wheel and seat!

It works as expected - both parallel and perpendicular parking. The latter will take a bit of practice to use correctly...

This is why we should have a "like" button :D

skyliner1232002
15-12-2010, 03:43 PM
So let me get this right the car now does parallel and perpendicular parking under the normal 'Park Assist' option?

If this is the case I guess the longer we are waiting the more goodies are being added. When we originally ordered our lease cars back in September the bluetooth was going to be a Bury add on, sat nav needed a disk or SD card to run, the engine was 146 Co's and the park assist was only parallel.

Now we are looking forward to built in bluetooth, Sat nav runs in internal memory, Blumotion engines with cheaper personal tax and even perpendicular parking. Oh and the brand new dash layout!

Almost worth waiting for, note almost!

BarCar
15-12-2010, 06:21 PM
So let me get this right the car now does parallel and perpendicular parking under the normal 'Park Assist' option?

If this is the case I guess the longer we are waiting the more goodies are being added. When we originally ordered our lease cars back in September the bluetooth was going to be a Bury add on, sat nav needed a disk or SD card to run, the engine was 146 Co's and the park assist was only parallel.

Now we are looking forward to built in bluetooth, Sat nav runs in internal memory, Blumotion engines with cheaper personal tax and even perpendicular parking. Oh and the brand new dash layout!

Almost worth waiting for, note almost!

Yes - it does both - with the basic Park Assist option, no rear-view camera and no upgrade to the satnav head unit. Press the PA button once for parallel and twice for perpendicular.

I have to say, the 5 month delay getting the car is far outweighed by my happiness at getting the newer spec. If I'd known the new spec was coming so soon I'd probably have delayed my order.