PDA

View Full Version : Hints & Tips

Gregmeister
14-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Ok, so I've not collected my car as yet but I thought it would be interesting to hear from any existing owners regarding any interesing hints or tips that you would like to share with us :newbie:'s

There are always things that you find a few months in to ownership when you think ... damd ... wish I'd known that earlier :D

eob
20-12-2010, 12:34 PM
43 views and no replies, thought I'd put one in for you.

When opening the boot in snowy weather, if you don't want a boot full of snow, clear the rear screen first.
Because of the large gap when the tailgate is opened, I opened mine up and the whole thing just avalanched in. I scooped most of it out but it was still there until the short thaw the other week turned it into a swimming pool. Now suffering from constant foggy windows.

Gregmeister
20-12-2010, 12:47 PM
43 views and no replies, thought I'd put one in for you.

When opening the boot in snowy weather, if you don't want a boot full of snow, clear the rear screen first.
Because of the large gap when the tailgate is opened, I opened mine up and the whole thing just avalanched in. I scooped most of it out but it was still there until the short thaw the other week turned it into a swimming pool. Now suffering from constant foggy windows.

Many thanks for that ... not something I have a problem with in my current car as it's a Hatch ...:biglaugh:

Any more for any more? Any interesting Quirks we need to be aware of?

eob
20-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Many thanks for that ... not something I have a problem with in my current car as it's a Hatch ...:biglaugh:

So not a CC then? :confused:

Oh well. Not a hint or a tip then but applies to all Passat models, when you pull out the key, the Temp and Fuel guages hit the rest stop at the same time. :fing02:

Gregmeister
20-12-2010, 01:12 PM
So not a CC then? :confused:

Oh well. Not a hint or a tip then but applies to all Passat models, when you pull out the key, the Temp and Fuel guages hit the rest stop at the same time. :fing02:

No, my current car isnt even a VW ... (Vectra) but my new car (a Passat CC 170 GT) arrives in January :)

m3-fast
24-12-2010, 11:04 PM
+1 on the snow - did this myself during the week and filled the boot with snow! :mad:

As for tips not really got any!

Don't forget if your just carrying a small bag of shopping there is a drop down carrier bag hook inside the boot (under the rear parcel shelf - dead useful.

If anyone can enlighten me on how the handbrake system works then I would appreciate it as our CC seems to be completely random - sometimes it will automatically disengage the handbrake when I want to pull away, other times I have to press the button - there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it's operation!

Gregmeister
25-12-2010, 12:04 AM
One thing I read recently about the handbrake, it will not auto-disengage unless you have your seatbelt fastened ..... could that be it?

hartry
27-12-2010, 03:38 AM
+1 on the snow - did this myself during the week and filled the boot with snow! :mad:

As for tips not really got any!

Don't forget if your just carrying a small bag of shopping there is a drop down carrier bag hook inside the boot (under the rear parcel shelf - dead useful.

If anyone can enlighten me on how the handbrake system works then I would appreciate it as our CC seems to be completely random - sometimes it will automatically disengage the handbrake when I want to pull away, other times I have to press the button - there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it's operation!

Make sure you have the clutch fully to the floor before you try to pull away.

JimC64
27-12-2010, 03:42 AM
seatbelt MUST be on for the auto disengage brake to work :beerchug: