PDA

View Full Version : Hi

MisterD
24-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Just joined, so thought I'd just say hello and give a few details.
Have been a VAG man for over 10 years now. My first, an A4 was a long termer and met it's demise giving a deer a friendly pat early 2005

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/dpc4909/AudiRIP.jpg

With money tight at the time I used the payout to buy an X reg Passat Estate, though did manage to find a 1.8T petrol, been nice having the extra bit of power over the A4.

We've now got an opportunity to upgrade one car thanks to wife's promotion, and the family estate is the one to do, so we've gone for a new Passat Diesel. Reckon we ended up with a reasonably decent deal - instead of having to wait who knows how many weeks for the 2.0TDi SE we wanted while Germany goes on annual leave, and then takes the slow boat getting back up to speed. The dealer offered us the unregistered car in the shoroom, a 2.0 TDi Sport, for much the same price. Plus we can have that car anytime, but are having to wait till the 20th for the money to all be in the right place.

Have had a good browse round the forum, looks like I'm going to have some rattles to look forward to, so all the info here is gong to be invaluable - I will try and take time to browse before posting, to try and avoid upsetting the regulars :)

RickT
24-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the new purchase!!

RickT