PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me?

martandvic
24-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi folks, we've got a vw golf tdi se 90, 2001. It has developed an irritating squeaking noise which sounds like it is coming from the front suspension. It only occurs in dry weather and have been told by the seller of a bora we've just bought that it could be the bushes on the wishbones. If anyone knows if this is right or not, we would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks

RickT
24-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum

Please try dropping a post into the Golf section for more response..

RickT

martandvic
25-06-2007, 06:27 PM
cheers rick t. am new to the site and wasn't sure what i was doing. will try again on the golf section. thanks.
:o

jimbob
25-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi ive got a mk4 gt tdi 130bph and i was getting the same type of squeak coming from the front, i found it to be the anti roll bar bushes if you just oil them the squeaking goes away, there the ones that are on the sub frame

Eshrules
26-06-2007, 09:02 AM
hello and welcome to the forum ;)

ricks suggestion is a good one, but....

front anti roll bar and wishbone bushes are a very common failure on these cars. i have so far replaced my rear suspension/axle bushes, front ARB bushes and currently have a pair of new wishbones and bushes ready to go on, i will try to take pictures when mine is done, but in the meantime, i would think thats what it is..... it will tend to get worse and will be more of a clunk as the bushes wear.:beerchug: