PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered mine today...

stevus
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi,
Me and the wifey just ordered our new CC this morning after giving up looking at Audis....:beerchug:
2.0 TSI manual in Island Grey, xenons, sunroof, rns 510 satnav, dynamo speakers, and various other bits !

I asked about potential delivery date / problems and was "assured" that deliveries were back to normal and i could expect it in 16 to 20 weeks max...we'll see :confused:

My only regret was the choice of colours - VW have recently withdrawn the Shadow Blue which leaves a really boring colour range to choose from imo (ideally wanted a deep red...). Even various sales people in the dealership were saying the same!

Oh well, still really looking forward to it - next May hopefully.

cheers

cullinp
12-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Welcome aboard Stevus.........why did you give up on the Audi's out of interest. I was going for an A4 S Line before the price for the CC lease hooked me.......that was nearly six months ago!

stevus
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Well we looked quite seriously at first the A4, and then the A5 Sportback... and came every close to ordering the A5 but there were a few issues that kept me from signing on the dotted line.
We wanted a sporty but comfortable car with a wide choice of tech/gadgets. That meant the S Line models were not what we were after as pretty much every review rated the ride as awful. Plus i found the audi sports seats painful as the front bolster dug into the back of my leg, maybe something to do with being a little short.

That left the SE models and then adding VERY extensive options to get anywhere near the spec we were looking for, and quite frankly having to add around £8,000 in options to a "premium" car seemed crazy, especially options i considered should be standard.

Finally the price - we knew Audi's had a premium price attached to them but it was only when i compared like for like spec against a Jaguar XF and the VW CC that it really hit home.
The A5 was of course dearer than the CC - but by a very significant amount, not the three thousand or so i thought it would be, a LOT more. Now i know the audi's have a reputation for build quality and interior design but the VW CC is not that far behind imo, not enough to justify the price difference.

Also, when I compared an XF (my dream car!) to a similar spec A5 (as close as possible anyways) it came to the same sort of price - OUCH! Now, seriously who would spend £40,000 on an A5 rather than an XF....I certainly wouldnt. Go sit in an XF and be blown away by an interior that is simply incredible, i just wish i could stretch my finances that far!

So IMO Audi priced themselves out of the market, at least as far as i am concerned.

In the end the CC ticked all the right boxes, the GT spec included a decent amount of gear, the look was sporty inside and out, the seats fiited me like a glove, and even with the extra options i went with (options i didnt even consider on the audi's) the price was very good.

So there you have it!

johnloaderuk
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
stevus, I know exactly where you are coming from. I went from a new 2005 Passat Sport B6 to a 2008 Audi 2.0 TDI SLine. The VW was a 22k car, the Audi a 30k car. Where the 8k difference between them was I really don't know. The VW matched the Audi as far as build and quality of materials, you just pay an awful lot more for the badge. Now back to another new Passat B6 earlier this year.
Hope you enjoy the CC when it arrives, it's a cracking car.

m3-fast
24-12-2010, 11:18 PM
The CC is certainly a lot of car for the money and it also feels premium inside. I also run a BMW 3 series and have had an A4 Audi and the CC feels equally as good as the 'premium' brand models - in some respects it is better!

We also have an Island Grey one and the colour really suits it - in some lights it looks to have a blue flip to it and then other times it looks dark grey - looks fab when all polished up and we opted for the truffle (tan coloured) leather which IMO looks fantastic with this paint colour.

Enjoy the car when it arrives :D