PDA

View Full Version : Please Help MFSW problem

chev
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Was getting my mfsw fitted this week and thought I had everything. However, I now need an airbag slip/ring

part number: 4e0 953 541 b

phoned audi today and the price was just shy of £200. Tried eBay but no joy.

Has anyone got any ideas where I can get one cheaper or if there is a pack of some sort?

Any help welcome

cheers

chev

Issac Hunt
09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Are you 100% sure you need the slip ring? Has yours existing ring got 12 pins in it or only six?

www.ebay.de is often a better source of Audi parts than .co.uk, most sellers on there will ship to the UK.

chev
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Definately only got six pins. This is the last thing I need now for the MFSW to work.

Thanks for the heads up on eBay.de. Had a look but my part isn't on there aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh.:zx11:......... Lol

going to keep looking on uk and de for now. But got that feeling it could be a while, I hope not.

Thanks

Issac Hunt
09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Thats a bummer its only got 6 pins, I was lucky then as mine had 12 pins so didnt need replacement.

German Ebay is the best place for Audi spares, might be worth a search of both sites for anyone who is breaking a car. There are quite often a few cars on there being broken for spares.

vsheremeti
09-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Chev,

Question:
I owe B7 with no MFSW (4 spoke)
I have ordered 4-spoke MFSW. I plan to use my existing airbag.

Can you please advice if I need to order part number: 4e0 953 541 b too?

Thanks in advance

V.

chev
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Not being mechanically minded, the way I found out was when I removed the airbag centre section off the wheel, the rectangle block then in front of you which your airbag loom goes into should have 12 pins not 6.

Good luck