PDA

View Full Version : What should I use to clear snow from the car roof?

JON76
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Car is still covered in a layer of snow having not moved it for over a week. Tomorrow I am going to clear it, but what's the best way to do it without inflicting scratches? I look on in horror when I see people dragging a household brush across their cars to remove snow.
Any suggestions on what I could use?

Thanks
Jon

h4rtey
08-12-2010, 08:32 PM
run some water over, should clear off quickly enough.

converge
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
yep water.

belfastmark
23-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi
I would use a blade, the type that you would use to take excess water of the car after a wash.

JimC64
23-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey there, as you say I've been horrified to see some peeps using household brushes too to remove snow from the roof:(....thats bad enough, but I've actually seen a woman using a garden rake (( spike down )) to remove the snow.....what are some people thinking??
Or do they, might be a better question!

A blade as suggested for clearing water off your car after a wash is easy, but will still inflict damage IMO. Ask a detailer they'll tell you.
Me personally? I just use my hands to clear off the excess as much as possible then a little warm water will remove the rest, job done!:approve:

fellowsuk
16-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Before christmas I used an advent calendar! Then the bits left I used water.

Macdoon
25-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I have a sponge mop on the end of a pole wrapped with a microfibre cloth, i keep in my garage away from the wifey, so its only used for taking snow off the car roof, been doing this about 4 yrs, never had any damage to the car :D

Mac