PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Aux heater

tona955
06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi All,

Yeap, another VW sharan heater issue.

This is for a VW Sharan TDI year 2002 engine code: AUY gearbox: EHH.

I started to get the smoke at start-up and fumes into the cabin issue so decided to check the Aux heater under the car.

I stripped the unit down and tested the glowplug which is glowing good but I have some questions:

1, Upon removing the unit not much antifreeze ran out, a little rusty water and some sooty water but only a fraction ran out as I disconnected the pipe work.

2, looking at the exploded view of the unit with ELSAWIN for a B5WS aux heater as seen in the picture I seem to be missing 2 gaskets and an 0-ring, numbers 4,5 and 16, my heater is a D5WZ version 252163 but ELSAWIN does not show an exploded view of this unit, therefore I am not sure if I need these gaskets or not.

Would anyone on here have an exploded view of the D5WZ Aux heater that they can end me or perhaps let me know if I am actually missing gaskets.

the unit was very dirty and sooty so it did need to come of and be cleaned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will try my local VW dealer also in the morning but they are never helpful at the best of times.

Many thanks in advance.

PS> I have tried to attach a picture but not sure how to do this as the size exceeds 19.5k limit, so hoping that someone has ELSAWIN and can check it out.