PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi all ... relatively new here so thought I'd say HI!!

I have ordered a CC GT 170 TDI Manual in Black and I'm expecting it to arrive in January .. but looking at some posts on here ... WHO KNOWS!?!?!

Anyway, one of the options I went for was keyless entry as I typically have to carry lots of things too & from my car. Can anyone tell me .... is it also keyless ignition or will it be a push key start as normal?

Anyone got it fitted and willing to post up some pics?

Scooby-Doo
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
From what I've read about the new Passat saloon it would appear that you get a start/stop button on the centre console if you spec keyless entry.The German website shows this start/stop switch on the revised Passat CC but I think you still have to put the key in the ignition before you press the stop/start button.What's the point in that ????????? Most stop/start cars require you to put the key in the ignition first ????????
Best one I've heard was my friend who had a Renault Megane with the Keyless card, his wife started driving and then they swopped over ,without turning the engine off,for her to go shopping whilst he went to a meeting a few miles away.When he got there and stopped the engine he realised that his wife still had the Keyless card and he had no way of re-starting the car to go and pick her up,"taxi job" and red face.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Im not that fussed really whichever way it is when it comes .... just curious really .... but it would be a bit odd to have to put in the key and then press a completely diferent button to start it. My wife's Focus ST has keyless ignition but not keyless entry. If you get out of the car when the engine is running, it will still drive but it beeps at you to say the key is outside the car.

rmccardal
08-12-2010, 10:00 AM
You get a 'dummy' key that you can leave in the ignition slot.

Just get in, press button and go :-) (according to my dealer)

johnloaderuk
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM
You get a 'dummy' key that you can leave in the ignition slot.

Just get in, press button and go :-) (according to my dealer)

Ties up with this post, so sounds right. Read the two posts by Drash

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83691

rmccardal
16-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Just to update:

No dummy key required now. Got my CC on Friday and I just get in and go!

Gregmeister
16-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for that. Could you post a pic or two of the ignition button etc?