PDA

View Full Version : What companies on here will undertake engine (mechanical, not software/ecu) work?

Gtiracer
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I am looking for a company to supply and upgrade a bigger turbo and injectors on my Pd115 passat ans then remap it (preferbaly a custom remap), what is time consuming is hunting through each website trying to work out if each company will do this and emailing them.

So if anyone has any recommendations Ill be glad to hear them.

Thanks

FlashRemapping
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
where abouts are you located and I will recommend someone local who can help

Dave
FlashRemapping

Gtiracer
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Braintree in Essex

Cheers

FlashRemapping
07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I have today spoken to a number of contacts who undertake this sort of work and the feeling I get from talking to them is that reliability will be seriously effected but such alterations

what year and milage is the vehicle and what is known of the engine condition. They have all told me teh clutch will probably not be long for this world with these mods

Suggestions include bigger intercooler - cold air induction kit and de-cat exhaust along with a remap will probably give you what you need

What is your targetted power ?

Dave
07886 368795

adamss24
07-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Give me a ring on 077 899 12128 if you need more details. A bv43 turbocharger, PD 130-150 injectors and a good remap will see you close to 200 Bhp. The clutch will be the limiting factor in your quest but a sachs sre will be able to cope with 400 nm of torque without too much bother. The DMF is the next weakest link and swapping to a 240mm clutch is advised. You need to think what is your goal first as power is addictive and you'll get bored pretty quick and you'll crave more. The pd 115 is not soo stout as the later pd 130 engine but it will take a beating if needed... The stock intercooler is fine to about 170-180 bhp so unless you get a hybrid turbo or live in sahara then the stock will cope just fine. Decat on pd engine isnt a good ideea as the stock turbo is designed to run with a bit of back pressure and the boost will "creep" wich means it will be difficult for the ECU to control the turbo so it will spike wich is bad for the engine and turbocharger. As the others said a good remap and egr block will probably give you what you need or i would sell yours and buy a AVF 6 speed later b5.5 passat and start tuning that.
Chris.