PDA

View Full Version : open door warning

vygec
06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Not sure what to make of this..
this morning, the 'open door' warning light came on for the driver door. i double checked this and it was definitely closed, tried opening/closing the door, this had not effect. though id leave it till after work tonight to have a check. when i got to work, i tried closing the locks via the remote and the doors would not shut via the remote i.e. clicking the shut button would not do anything!
so i closed by hand/key. tried to reopen with remote again, the driver door opens, but no other door.
from this point, i am unable to close any doors via the remote, have to do by key manually.
are the two problems linked?
both started this morning.
Thanks.

martin1810
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Remote locking of doors is via the CCM under the passenger front carpet. Do a search on here for CCM and wet carpets.

vygec
06-12-2010, 03:55 PM
thanks, ive always cleaned out the plenum chamber when i do the annual service. so no wet carpets for me.
how much can i expect to pay for the CCM to be replaced..roughly?

martin1810
06-12-2010, 04:18 PM
It is usually a wire fault rather than CCM fault. A good VCDS read might give you a hint.

vygec
06-12-2010, 04:29 PM
hmm.. ok, i'll get the vagcom hooked up tonight and report back.

vygec
06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
i checked again throughout the day, with no change. i also checked the button on the remote for the boot. pressing this does not open the boot either.

vagcom reported the following:
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
01320 - Control Module for Climatronic (J255)
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent

Does this show anything up?

snapdragon
06-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Try disconnecting the battery. I have had similar lock troubles a couple or three times when I have recovered from a flat battery after leaving the coolbox plugged in. Disconnecting and reconnecting reset the CCM.

martin1810
07-12-2010, 09:50 AM
You need to look at 046 convenience control module. It should have logged a remote locking fault. As snapdragon says, a low voltage can cause this.

vygec
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM
i specfically ran the 046 convenience control module. however that came back with no errors!
interestingly this morning, i noticed i am unable to unlock all doors from the remote, but then not able to lock anything via the remote.
i can lock all the doors via the central locking switch internally from the drivers door side panel (where all the controls for the windows are)

martin1810
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
That suggests either the remote has packed up or the fault is the aerial connection to the ccm. The ccm won't report a fault if it never gets a signal.

vygec
07-12-2010, 06:48 PM
disconnected the battery on the car, and reconnected again- no change
tried changing the battery on the remote, no difference.

running out of ideas, so will reluctantly be giving to local mechanic to diagnose.

Steven715
08-12-2010, 01:48 PM
You could try sitting in the car hold the remote on the Passanger side floor and pressing the buttons again. See if that works.
Do you have a spare key? Try and see if that works or not.

Joto
08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
vygec...I've had the exact same problem for some time now and have resorted to just using the key for locking/unlocking (can't afford to bring it to the garage just yet). My fob does work now and again, but its rare enough and it usually only works on drivers door only.
I tried everything mentioned above and checked my ccm and it was bone dry as were the electrical connections.
I'm beginning to suspect a relay under the dash, but not sure which one it is. Anybody know?

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Steven715
08-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Joto,
The fobs can fail if you have a spare key see how that is with the car if you dont and you have Vag-Com or VCDS you can program anotuher key fob as long as the MHZ is the same.
This can be found when you take the Key away from the Fob.

Joto
08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Have 2 fobs, both the same. Changed the batteries in both; disconnected car battery as mentioned earlier, still no joy, same as 'vygec'.
I doubt if both fobs would fail at the same time.
Think I'll try what you said about getting down on the floor and trying it, just to check it's not the aerial.

vygec
09-12-2010, 10:42 AM
got down on the floor, tried the remote.no change either.
i am able to unlock all doors with the remote, but just unable to lock the doors again.

martin1810
09-12-2010, 11:10 AM
got down on the floor, tried the remote.no change either.
i am able to unlock all doors with the remote, but just unable to lock the doors again.

That's a ccm or ccm wire fault.