PDA

View Full Version : Dealer thinks I'm nuts

lauren2
06-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi
My month old A5 S Line Special Edition 2.0TDI is accelerating and moving forward by itself, at best it's scary at worst it's dangerous.

I'm approaching traffic lights or car in front, lift foot off accelerator, usually dropped to 2nd gear, foot off clutch, instead of slowing down and cruising to a halt the car speeds up very quickly so I have to hit break again as it lurches forward. It doesn't do it all the time and of course won't do it on demand at Audi showroom.

Can anyone help me to explian whats going on to the dealer?

Many thanks

Bratty
06-12-2010, 02:48 PM
IF? you have cruise control fitted, perhaps it is malfunctioning and trying to resume the last set speed?

If not fitted, then i do not know! but sounds dangerous and I would hope that any dealership took that sort of problem seriously!

Good Luck

Dunk

lauren2
06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
No cruise control fitted, that was my first thought
It's very odd
Thanks

tlionhart
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Have you tried this on a straight road or car park with nobody about? What ive found with most audi's this is common. Ive only driven the stronic a5. I sometimes find with my car from gear 3-2 it slows, but from 1-2 with no acceleration it speeds up. I find you have to leave your foot on the clutch to slow it down. As mentioned try it in a wide area and see if it gradually speeds then slows down?

winston4742
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Not sue if this will help but with diesels you can drive them around without touching the accelerator they do not stall even if you come to an incline the speed with pick up to stop it stalling, road craft would say that you should only select the gear when you require and not use it to slow the car.

Guest 2
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
As the las post says, you if you're below a certain speed, around 5mph in 2nd gear and you lift the clutch off it will gain speed without stalling and cruise about freely without use of the accelerator. Don't know if this is what's happening though.

Did you always drive a manual or came from automatic?