PDA

View Full Version : goodbye touran hello passat

arctic blue
24-06-2007, 01:02 AM
:newbie: hi all, i have tornado red touran 2.0l tdi SE DSG 7 seater,at present.20k up.bought new march 2006. behaved impeccably,never missed a beat,well impressed,(i think you get my drift). mpg-31-36 round town, 45-50 on a run, @ 60-65 on cruise on motorway 60 mpg!!,true. done on distance + tank topups.i travel west brom to taunton regularly + proved it 3 times, dash read only 51 mpg. difference being 60 mpg, £10 fuel, boring journey where every one and his dog pass you,or 45-48 mpg appx, £16 fuel and a fast journey. either way i can't complain for a 2.0l auto.
:sadwavey: anyway only me + the missus, flegling left nest, so a change has been in the wings.
after test drives + to's n fro's @ various garages decision made,thus a passat 2.0l SE DSG ' arctic blue' is on order for '57'. upgraded to dual zone climate control, added fr + rear parking sensors. heated screen seats + washers with wood inlay dash. monte carlo 5 spoke alloys 17" low profs.
if this car gives me as much pleasure as the touran i'll be well chuffed

health issues may result in an early end to driving, so friends + family say you can't take cash to the grave, enjoy while you can, + ' i'll have it after you, dad ' ( my son:banana: ).lol

all i'd like to do now is sell mine privately,giving someone else the chance to avoid the garage price hike + giving me a better return than a trade in,(how many times have i seen a nice car being traded in + thought if i could have got there first.
we'll, ive had mysay, i'll drop in now + again.to site,
all the best
arctic blue

BenR
26-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm sure you will enjoy it. My new Passat continues to impress me and give me pleasure, a far better car than the A4 I had before.