PDA

View Full Version : A4 ABS/Traction control/mileage problem

rickybfs
05-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi all, please bear with me as im new to posting on here.

Changed front brake pads on my 2005 A4 estate 2.0tdi, whilst doing this noticed the rubber boot on caliper piston was tore. I got a second hand caliper and fitted this no problem, however when i put it all back together and bled the brakes I now have the following problems;-
Warning lights for both abs and traction control are staying on so i therefore have no traction control or abs,
also my mileage is only clocking up 50% of what i drive eg for every 20 miles i drive its only clocking up 10 miles.
Not so worried about the mileage problem ;-p but defo need the abs and traction control sorted in this icy weather!!
Any help I recieve would be graetly appreciated!

Crasher
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Are you sure you did not leave the ABS sensor on one of the front wheels unplugged?

rickybfs
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll have to check it tomorrow, the only wiring i touched was the plug that attaches to brake pads, where is the abs sensor located?

Crasher
05-12-2010, 10:38 PM
It is the same wire, the left hand one has a habit of failing, you need a fault code read to see what has gone wrong. GSF sell the cable but even if you fix the fault the light may not go out until the code is cleared.

rickybfs
06-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Ok thanks. i'll get that checked out today!!:beerchug: