PDA

View Full Version : acceleration issues

stoutard
05-12-2010, 06:45 PM
hi,

we have a Golf TDI Blue Motion from May 2010 and have had really strange acceleration issues...for example drop into 2nd gear and slow down for a left hand turn (in the UK) and it will actually accelerate of it's own accord..same in reverse..sometimes you fight the car using the brakes when normally you would only use the gears to decelerate.

we've had it checked x2 at the local dealer in Camberley UK but they have said "we know about it but it's not a problem...it's a feature"
1) it's not he driving style (most people inc test engineer at VW have had same issue who have driven one)
2) not firmware

With the snow and ice we are experiencing in the UK at the moment it is not a feature we feel comfortable with...

Anyone else having this problem or know of it or even better a cure for it???

Thanks

DW58
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Worrying.

percymon
06-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Sounds like the revs are dropping too low and the anti-stall is kicking in, increasing the revs and pushing the car along. Dip the clutch if you need to negotiate corners at such a low speed in any condition.

SC03OTT
13-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm going to agree with percymon on this, having just tonight put my car up a gear instead of down whilst slowing. This resulted in me accelerating.

Keithuk
13-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/KStanier/VWwelcome.gif

for example drop into 2nd gear and slow down for a left hand turn (in the UK) and it will actually accelerate of it's own accord...

It could be the anti stall kicking in but what revs does it drop too before it picks up again? If it less than 1000rpm then its anti stall if not keep pursuing VW as this shouldn't happen and needs fixing. ;)