PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q7 bluetooth module

gregorach
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Can anyone help ? I have an Audi Q7 2006 (56), I'm having problems with the bluetooth module, it seems to have hung up and I'm told that it needs a new module, Q do I have to have a factory fitted module fitted or can I fit another make ? it all started when I was in the Q7 and got out and my phone was still conected to the bluetooth in the Q7, I got in to my lorry which also connects to my phone and started it up and the parrot tried to connect to my phone and from that point on the bluetooth module is constantly pulseing trying to connect to my phone and I cant use all of the controls on the media unit etc radio media sat nav and heater controls, Audi told me that the unit is corrupt and needs replacing at a cost of £800.00 can I just get a replacement maybe second hand or can I put any replacement one on it Please Help !!!!

Issac Hunt
05-12-2010, 10:25 AM
If you want it to work exactly as it did then an Audi unit is your only option. Other amkes just wont work sadly. Quite often they are on Ebay a lot cheaper than £800. Check Ebay.de as well - lot of Audi stuff on there.

You could always remove the module and fit a BT kit from someone else like Parrot etc but this wont give you the full functionality you have now.

I'd look for a secondhand Audi module if it were me.

gregorach
05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi thanks Issac yes I was talking to a guy today who said he can fit a module with a parrot chip set an and the only differance would be that I would lose the phone cradle under the arm rest and he would disable the Audi module an I can also stream music from my phone on to the Audi system, he also said that I would get the use of all the controls ? is this true he quoted me £399 all in, I'm sure he also said that dependant on which phone I have I could also read TXT mesages on the MMI screen, Thanks for your help Issac I really aprecihate it, Graham

Issac Hunt
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes that sounds feasible, £399 still isnt cheap though. If you want to do it it cheaper then find out the part number of your Audi BT module and search Ebay (.co.uk and .de) and you'll fix the job for less than £399.

gregorach
05-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Oh right I will jump on ebay an have a look if I do manage to get one on ebay will the new unit need codeing ?

gregorach
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi Issac, well I've managed to get a new genuine Audi module can I just plug this new unit in ?? or do's this unit need codeing ?? please help

Issac Hunt
06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
You'll need VAGCOM (or similar) to code it, you might get lucky and it'll work (if its code from the donor car was the same) but its best to have it coded either way to ensure no fault codes are stored and full functionality is available to you.

gregorach
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi its a brand new one from Audi in germany a friend of mine managed to sorce one from a customer but I dont know whether to just plug it in or not ??

Issac Hunt
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
As its brand new then it wont 'know' its going in a Q7 so it might work OK, it might not, I'd get it coded after you fitted it, plenty of folk have VAGCOM and it doesnt take long.

gregorach
07-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Issac thank you your an absolute star thank you so much for your time, it should be here in a couple of days so I'll fit it an see what happens but I will reply back and let you know how I go on thanks again. Graham