PDA

View Full Version : Question passat 130 cranks but won't run

Roger Lord
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi
I have a passat 130 on a 03 plate wich I did a basic service on today, oil and filter, fuel and pollen filter when i came time to start the car ir ran for a couple of minutes went rough and then cut out, since then all it will do is turn over quite happily but it won't run. I checked out the fuel filter wich had become presurised but did contain some fuel. nothing else seems out the ordinary, can anyone help please

Roger:aargh4:

Toonmania
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
did anything fall down into the airbox to block the pipe? have you checked you have fuel at the injecters? also i wonder if you have tripped the inertia switch for fuel cut off i'm not even sure the passat has one perhaps someone else could help with that.
the only other thing i can think of is the immobiliser

yaman
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi
I have a passat 130 on a 03 plate wich I did a basic service on today, oil and filter, fuel and pollen filter when i came time to start the car ir ran for a couple of minutes went rough and then cut out, since then all it will do is turn over quite happily but it won't run. I checked out the fuel filter wich had become presurised but did contain some fuel. nothing else seems out the ordinary, can anyone help please

Its all pointing to fuel filter, fill the filter up with diesel, double check
the fuel-lines for tightness, and turn it over with a well-charged battery.

Towing in 3rd gear is probably out of the question, in this snow.

Regards
Jim

Roger Lord
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi
Tried the old filter, no change, pipes OK, battery had a good charge just no fire, I primed the filter, no difference.
It will not start at all

Roger:confused:

yaman
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi
Tried the old filter, no change, pipes OK, battery had a good charge just no fire, I primed the filter, no difference.
It will not start at all

Roger:confused:

In that case, you'll need a fault-code read

Regards
Jim

caldirun
04-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi

Fuel filter reversed?

phil miller
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Fuel filter reversed?

i would have thought that highly unlikely, if he had dont that i would wonder if he had put the oil in the spare wheel well lol

its fuel related as in air lock/leak, being a pd you cant just crack off an injector pipe and check for fuel

caldirun
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
i would have thought that highly unlikely, if he had dont that i would wonder if he had put the oil in the spare wheel well lol

its fuel related as in air lock/leak, being a pd you cant just crack off an injector pipe and check for fuel
I agree but people make mistakes, as in aiming for an "e" on the keyboard and hitting a "t"

jammy86
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
How long have you cranked for? If you're sure the filter has fluid in it then I'd keep cranking some more.

Did the old fuel filter look the same as the new one?

martin1810
05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
I would check the wiring incase you disturbed the cam sensor or crank sensor. Engine won't run if one of them is faulty.

Roger Lord
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi
alll sorted, just an air lock cured with some dampstart by a man who can

Thanks for all the suggestions

all the best Roger:biglaugh::beerchug: