PDA

View Full Version : Flashing coil icon - Car wont start :( help!

l14add
04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I was driving down the motorway yesterday and i felt a slight jolt - i looked down and the coil icon was flashing and i had no power whatsoever from the accelerator. When i changed gear the revs went down to 0 and when i let clutch out the revs went back up but was no response from accelerator? Pulled onto hard shoulder car cut out and would not start? turned over but nothing? Any ideas? had to get recovered and i got no idea what it could be?

Its a 56 plate 07 registered A3 2.0tdi Quattro s line 170.

Anyone have any ideas or experienced this before?

kite
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
scan the car for faults.
Look in the vagcom section for a member in your area.

baylissboy
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet you've got a fault with power supply to the injectors & when you test them one will be shorted to its' body.

This fault will cause the ECU to "switch off" the power to the others. If that's the fault replace the wiring loom inside the head & the faulty injector!!

l14add
06-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Look like an injector has gone :( for some reason the fault code didnt come up when the VAG machine was plugged in at the garage this morning and the Garage had to start stripping the engine down and implementing a process of trial and error! Found the injector to be the problem and the bad news it £475 plus VAT for the part as its the injector that only audi supply apparently :( £630 to fix now im advised, luckyily the garage is owned by friends who repair Lambo's ferrari's and Porsche etc so they know what they are doing. Gutted about this cost - never had problems with any other car like i have had over last 12 months on this one :( Last time i buy an audi.