PDA

View Full Version : 1995 A6 2.6 v6

mikeegee7
23-06-2007, 06:16 PM
:1zhelp: please help.
my 95 A6 2.6 avant needed new rear wheel bearings, whilst doing the work i noticed that the brake pads were completly worn, after removing caliper and old pads i can not push back the piston, i have tried and tried i have never come across this problem before with other cars. please can someone help me?

a8 tech
23-06-2007, 06:27 PM
You need a wind back tool.You can buy them on ebay

mikeegee7
24-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Thank you for your reply. I am currently living in France therefore it is essential that I buy the right tool first time.

Is it a windback tool for all cars? or just that model Audi?
Is there a specific code/part number that I can track it with?
Is it definately NOT possible without this tool? (as I have many types of G Clamps which could be adapted)

Thanks again for your help- this information has saved me hours!!!

tut_gareth
24-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi

i recently bought this tool from franklin tools for my rear brakes

http://www.franklin-tools.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

i got the TA891 which fitted the rear brakes on my A6 perfectly. and only £22

i'm sure you can mail order it to france.

you could use G clamps and wind then in also but this tool is far safer and easier

a8 tech
24-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you for your reply. I am currently living in France therefore it is essential that I buy the right tool first time.

Is it a windback tool for all cars? or just that model Audi?
Is there a specific code/part number that I can track it with?
Is it definately NOT possible without this tool? (as I have many types of G Clamps which could be adapted)

Thanks again for your help- this information has saved me hours!!!
Look at the site tut has kindly given you and hope it helps you out.I wouldnt try to wind them back without the correct tool as you may damage the protective ruuber boot or worse still the piston.Good luck

mikeegee7
25-06-2007, 01:42 PM
thnks again 4 help.
I was not able 2 buy from franklin tools so
i have found on ebay sealey vs024 is this the same tool?

tut_gareth
25-06-2007, 07:50 PM
this is what you need

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laser-Brake-Caliper-Piston-Re-wind-tool-1314_W0QQitemZ260131641703QQihZ016QQcategoryZ30917 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its the same as the one i've got, says he posts worldwide too