PDA

View Full Version : A6 climate control / air con

Oakstedge
23-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi,
New shape A6 saloon... The climate control has just started going bonkers (after 70,000 mls trouble free). Freezing cold out of some vents, whilst simultaneously blowing hot out of others (usually passenger windscreen vent). Seems to be intermitent (though I suspect it happens when outside temp +20 deg C) and so far after motoring for some time (1-2 hours into a journey).

I know it won't happen when I take it to the dealers! And I don't want to be charged for replacing everything.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

a8 tech
23-06-2007, 06:35 PM
710 If the multi plug connector is ok replace the valve any way.I have been replacing these valves for the same issue and the problem has been resolved:beerchug:The valve is called a pump valve and controls temperature to the two zones (os and ns)it is located under the bonnet below the plenith chamber cover near the nsf E box,it takes about 1 hour to replace.

r8rob
23-06-2007, 06:42 PM
i second that... ive done a few for same fault and all has been ok after.

oakleamob
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi,
New shape A6 saloon... The climate control has just started going bonkers (after 70,000 mls trouble free). Freezing cold out of some vents, whilst simultaneously blowing hot out of others (usually passenger windscreen vent). Seems to be intermitent (though I suspect it happens when outside temp +20 deg C) and so far after motoring for some time (1-2 hours into a journey).

I know it won't happen when I take it to the dealers! And I don't want to be charged for replacing everything.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

I know this thread started a couple of years ago, I have a 55 (2005) A6 2.7tdi with the same fault developing. Did you manage to resolve the issue? and if so, what costs were involved? Can this work be done by an independant?

Cheers

Oakleamob.

botwood
24-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Similar intermittent problem occuring in 2005 new shape 3.0TDi Avant Quattro (UK).
Some time into long journey, all passenger side vents start blowing very hot air. Only control is to turn down the fan, but dash etc around the vents gets extremely hot. Have to stop the engine to reset. Happened 3 times in a 5 hour journey.
(Independent) garage computer diagnostics show no fault recorded and manipulates all flap motors correctly. Garage
Is this likely to be the pump valve as well? Thanks.

a8 tech
24-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes the dual valve is a common failing and fits the described complaint

chevelle
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
710 If the multi plug connector is ok replace the valve any way.I have been replacing these valves for the same issue and the problem has been resolved:beerchug:The valve is called a pump valve and controls temperature to the two zones (os and ns)it is located under the bonnet below the plenith chamber cover near the nsf E box,it takes about 1 hour to replace.

Hi there,

msged you yesterday, and above is the thread I was talking about. i'd be grateful for a speedy reply, as we're travelling to the South of France next Fri - typical !!

Chevelle

a8 tech
10-07-2009, 08:15 PM

Optimised pump valve units 4F2 959 617 B for RHD.

psyho
28-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I went to Audi, they've changed pump valve and still the same problem :(