PDA

View Full Version : Flat Battery

Donjon
23-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi all and thanks for the welcome to another newbie. I came accross your Forum when trawling the net to see if a discharging battery was a known problem.
I have a diesel Octavia 2.0DSG L&K Estate September 2005 which is an excellent car except for the starting arrangements. If it is not used for more than three days there is insufficient charge left in the battery to turn the engine. It has been back to the dealer under guarantee and the mechanic said the "radio software had been updated". The repair sheet reads "Recall 91A1".
Have other owners had this problem and does the software update solve it? And was there a recall?

Boardboy
24-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi Donjon I don't know about a problem on the Octavia, but a knew of someone that had a problem on a Ford where the radio would drain the battery after two days of not driving.
Hope your starting, or lack of it is now sorted.

Boardboy

mukesh maheshwa
10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
do not know of any soft ware update, your problem could be on retro fittemnts if any like amplifier if installed. chk if the amp is on all the time even when key removed if so then correct wiring.a trigger wire should be given from the radio head unit to amp-this will ensure that amp comes on only when radio is switched on. wiring diagram is available in the radio manual with car.

octavia5
28-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi, I had a similar problem which turned out to be the Brake Light Switch. There was a faulty batch which turned the brake lights on even when the car is parked and the ignition is turned off.

The fault is intermittent and it was not until I opened the garage one morning and saw the brake lights on that the fault was fixed - the garage then told me this was a known problem but not a recall - though they had already fitted 2 new batteries trying to fix the fault.

mluton
29-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Pop over to www.Briskoda.net

More octavia guys on there.