PDA

View Full Version : washer bottle pipe

vwturbo
30-11-2010, 07:34 PM
hi all,the pipe has come off my washer bottle for the rear screen,how hard is it to put back on,2002 passat estate

dieselbundy@aol
30-11-2010, 11:30 PM
it could of come of in one of two places 1st look in the n/s/r light panel in the boot there is a pipe with a joiner that comes of secondly it would of come of the wiper motor itself wich you will have to remove plastic trim from tailgate hope this is of help

vwturbo
30-11-2010, 11:51 PM
thanks for reply mate,its deffo come off or split by the washer bottle cause its pouring water out when i got my misses to turn it on,i could see water running on to the floor,by the front wheel

gav_j_crompton
02-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Remove the left front wheel, then remove the wheel arch liner, I think when I did this is was mainly screws no clips. you are then presented with the bottom of the washer bottle, the pipes are held on with little white clips that are sort of press fit, you may find some water froze, expanded and pushed it off :confused:. Can't remember if you can seperate the clips from the pipe to replace, someone else on here might know?

Hope this helps

vwturbo
02-12-2010, 06:40 PM
all sorted

gav_j_crompton
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
all sorted

What was the issue in the end?

vwturbo
03-12-2010, 06:30 PM
hi mate,pipe had come off,no need to take wheel arch cover completly off,just the screws at the front to about your head as you look at brake disc,pull covere out and pips are easy to see,thanks for your help