PDA

View Full Version : Polo exhausts, how long do they last?

Gillybean
23-06-2007, 03:43 PM
We have the original one on (Y reg) how long do they normally last and how much is a replacement?

Just seems to keep on going.......wish I hadn't said that!!

SLEACH
23-06-2007, 04:33 PM
If you are quick with a response i will let you know but i need the engine code or reg number!:D

Gillybean
23-06-2007, 06:19 PM
why is that important, don't they just have a lifespan???

Eshrules
23-06-2007, 08:34 PM
PLEASE do not hand out your reg no, engine code is fine, but for obvious reasons, reg plates, vin numbers etc should be kept private.

how quickly an exhaust wears depends on a whole host of factors, how often is the car used, how long for, longer journeys tend to be gentler on the exhaust, town driving is stop start, heating and cooling, causes the metal to grow and shrink.

unfortunately, we live in a country that has to salt its roads, this can also affect the wear of it as salt is an abrasive.

i've still got my original box on my w plate golf, to be honest, theres no real telling how long they will last.... its one of those things, but you should be ok for a while yet ;)

Gillybean
23-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Carl, I guessed as much.

No way was I going to give any of these details it just seems reallys suspicious to want to know them and why???

SLEACH
24-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Sorry to sound suspicious but no need to worry I was going to give you our price thats all and without knowing the engine code they can be different. I have a vrm system that would have told me the engine type from the reg but i see your concerns so not to worry. The engine code can be found on top of timing belt casing and also on the boot floor.:o