PDA

View Full Version : Dension Gateway 500

toffer
29-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone. First post but have been reading regularly since picking up my 08 2.0 TDi(143) S-Line saloon a couple of weeks ago.

Its got a couple of option but nothing major. The one i wish it had is bluetooth so have been looking into the various options. (OEM retrofit, Fiscon and Dension)

As i quite like the idea of having bluetooth and ipod control with the OEM type control then the Dension has taken my eye.

My question is has anyone else got/experienced this setup and would they recommend it? Oh, and i noticed a few people on the forum do installs. Is it easy or would it be best left to a professional?(And what do you charge)

neil s
30-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I have the Dension 500 in my A6 and did ask the guy who installed it about adding the bluetooth module as it was only another £70-£80.

I decided against it as he said although it's fine with more basic phones, it doesn't work very well with smartphones (can't remember why, sorry - something about call and voice quality). As I have a Blackberry I didn't think it was worth having. I also only get called once in a blue moon so it certainly wasn't worth the £400 or so that the Audi bluetooth unit would've been.

Neil.

toffer
30-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Neil.

I have the iphone 4 and the missus has some naff samsung. With that said i think i will still go for it as its mainly the missus who drives it as ive got me van!

I can only hope that software updates have improved the sound quality!!

Now to think about doing the install myself or paying to have it done. Oh and purchasing the units