PDA

View Full Version : Question Car nearly died- anyone else had this?

golfgt140
29-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi All

Tonight after work I started my car as usual, and was about to drive off when I realised something was wrong.

The car would not move. She would go into gear (multi-box) no problem but would not engage, and the handbrake would release ok. The engine would not rev over @1200 rpm, despite how much I tried.

The car was in a freezing car park all day, so assuming this was part of the problem, I sat for 10 minutes and let the engine run. Still she would not rev, and would not move off. I should add there were no fault lights on the dash

Baffled, and dreading an audi assist moment, I turned the ignition off, and on again- this time everything was back to normal straight away. Keeping in mind this is the best part of my day, I was not pleased. Cannot afford the car as it is, never mind if she breaks down!

All was good on the way home, just checking in to see if this has happened to someone else. It seemed like the car went into some sort of safe mode.:boggled:

MFGF
30-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd be tempted to take the car in to the dealer and let them scan for faults. If it's an 09 car, it will still be under warranty.

Regards,

MF.